On Monday evening, Kraft Foods, the maker of Oreo cookies, posted a gay pride Oreo on the cookie’s Facebook page.
Amy Bingham reports for ABC News, June 26, 2012, that the photoshopped picture of an Oreo cookie stuffed with rainbow-colored layers of frosting carries the caption “Proudly support love!”
Basil Maglaris, a spokeswoman for Oreo’s parent company Kraft Foods, said in a statement that Kraft is not planning to sell the rainbow-stuffed Oreo in stores, as it was created solely for the advertising campaign in honor of Pride month. The image was part of a “series of daily ads reflecting current events in a fun way using images of OREO cookies and milk. We are excited to illustrate what is making history today in a fun and playful way. As a company, Kraft Foods has a proud history of celebrating diversity and inclusiveness. We feel the OREO ad is a fun reflection of our values.”
Gosh, this must mean that Oreo and Kraft Foods “proudly support” the “values” of sexual promiscuity and unhealthy, even dangerous, practices like anal intercourse, rimming, and fisting!
Prior to the AIDS epidemic, a 1978 study found that:
- 75% of white gay males (3 of every 4) claimed to have had more than 100 lifetime male sex partners;
- 15% claimed 100-249 sex partners;
- 17% claimed 250-499;
- 15% claimed 500- 999;
- 28% (that’s more than 1 of every 5 white gay men!) claimed more than 1,000 lifetime male sex partners. That’s how much they “love” each other!
After declining in the aftermath of the AIDS epidemic, with new HIV drugs, the percentage of homosexual men reporting multiple partners and unprotected anal sex once again increased — from 23.6% in 1994 to 33.3% in 1997, with the largest increase among men under 25.
An Australian study found lesbians to be more promiscuous than straight women:
- 93% of lesbians reported having had sex with men. Other studies similarly show that 75-90% of women who have sex with women have also had sex with men.
- Lesbians were 4.5 times more likely than heterosexual women (9% of lesbians vs. 2% of heterosexual women) to have had more than 50 lifetime male sex partners.
For anal intercourse and other unhealthy practices, go here.
Just one more business to boycott, in addition to Cheerio breakfast cereal, DC Comics, JCPenney, Target…. No big deal. I wasn’t buying stuff from them anyway! Besides, eating the hi-fat, hi-sodium, hi-sugar, no-fiber, and low-to-no nutrients Oreos makes you fat.
Less than 2% of U.S. households are same-sex, i.e., homosexual. But these businesses are determined to risk alienating the 98% by pandering to the 2%. Go figure.