1) Only in Amerika could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $40,000 a plate campaign fund raising event.
2) Only in Amerika could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce who are black (although 12% of the U.S. population is black).
3) Only in Amerika could we have had the two people most responsible for our tax code — head of the Treasury Department Timothy Geithner and chair of the House Ways and Means Committee Charles Rangel — BOTH turn out to be tax dodgers who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in Amerika could we have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media be more concerned that Muslims might receive discrimination in the backlash.
5) Only in Amerika would we make people who want to legally become U.S. citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while millions of illegal migrants pour across our southern border, and if you object to the latter you’re called “racist”. To top it off, the federal government then sues the state of Arizona for trying to enforce the federal government’s own rules on illegal immigration!
6) Only in Amerika could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country’s Constitution be thought of as hateful “extremists.”
7) Only in Amerika could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote — and if you disagree with the latter, you’re called “racist”.
8) Only in Amerika could citizens be required to present their birth certificate to apply for a passport, but not Barack Hussein Obama Jr. to certify his eligibility for the presidency of the United States — and if you inquire about that oddity, you’re called “racist” and other names (“birthers”), mocked at, and dismissed.
9) Only in Amerika could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a trillion dollars more than it has per year for total spending of $7 million PER
MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have enough money.
10) Only in Amerika could the rich people who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their “fair share” by people who don’t pay any income taxes at all, some of whom even get money “back”.
H/t our beloved Grouchy Fogie.