Interesting nuggets keep coming out from Edward Klein’s new book, The Amateur, an unauthorized biography of Barack Obama. Among the startling and intriguing claims in the book are former President Bill Clinton calling Obama an “amateur” (thus, the name of Klein’s book), Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s testimony that Obama had offered him $150,000 in hush money to keep quiet during the 2008 presidential campaign, and Caroline Kennedy’s seller’s remorse.
Now we learn of another interesting tidbit that confirms our well-founded suspicions: Despite Obama’s insistence that he’s a Christian, his own pastor of 20 years — Rev. Jeremiah Wright of Chicago’s Trinity United Church of Christ — says the Obamas are “not religious.”
Obama and Wright, before they threw each other under the bus
Billy Hallowell reports for The Blaze, May 17, 2012, that Klein gave Fox News’ Sean Hannity the three-hour recording of his discussion with Wright, copies of which were also obtained by The Blaze. Hallowell writes:
“Church is not their thing. It was never their thing,” Wright says of Barack and Michelle Obama. “She was not the kind of black woman whose momma made her go to church, made her go to Sunday school…so the church was not an integral part of their lives before they got married — after they got married.”
After Wright made these comments, Klein said, “But the church was an integral part of his politics…because he needed that base.” Wright agreed with this statement, at one point saying “correct.”
You can listen to Wright for yourself by going to The Blaze.
What Wright says is entirely consistent with everything we know:
1. All the important people in Obama’s childhood and teen years were not Christians:
- By Obama Jr.’s own admission, his father Barack Hussein Obama Sr. was “raised a Muslim” but a “confirmed atheist.”
- His mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, was raised by non-religious parents (Stanley Armour and Madelyn Dunham) and “detached” from religion.
- Obama Jr.’s stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, was an Indonesian Muslim. When Soetoro married Obama’s mom, he adopted her boy who converted to Islam. There is no record of Obama ever leaving or renouncing the Muslim religion.
- Obama Jr.’s childhood-to-teen mentor Frank Marshall Davis was not just a Communist atheist, he was virulently anti Christ.
- Obama’s mother-in-law, Marian Robinson, practiced the Satanic cult of Santeria or voodoo in the White House.
- Obama’s own behavior shows he’s not religious:
- He attends Sunday church service infrequently and irregularly, and even skips Christmas service. Even “cafeteria” pick-and-choose Christians go to church at Christmas!
So on May 4, when Obama proclaimed May 12, 2012, as America’s National Day of Prayer and said, “On this National Day of Prayer, we give thanks for our democracy,” to whom was he praying and giving thanks?
Breitbart has a new audio tape in which Ed Klein says “when I asked the Reverend Wright about this whole question of Islam and Christianity. He said, well, you know, Barack Obama was steeped in Islam. He knew a lot about Islam from his childhood. But he knew very little about Christianity. And I made it easy for him to feel not guilty about learning about Christianity without turning his back on his Islamic friends.”