Obama warns 2020 democrat candidates about leaning too far left

Too late.

From Yahoo: Former President Barack Obama offered an unusual warning to the Democratic primary field Friday evening, cautioning the candidates not to move too far to the left in their policy proposals, even as he sought to reassure a party establishment worried about the electoral strength of their historically large primary field.

Speaking before a room of wealthy liberal donors, Obama urged Democrats to remember the long, combative slog of his primary campaign against Hillary Clinton in 2008, arguing that the 16-month battle ultimately made him a stronger general election candidate.

“For those who get stressed about robust primaries, I just have to remind you I had a very robust primary,” he told the group of several hundred donors and organizational leaders in Washington. “I’m confident that at the end of the process we will have a candidate that has been tested.”

Yet, he also raised concerns about some of the liberal ideas being promoted by some candidates, citing health care and immigration as issues where the proposals may have gone further than public opinion.

While Obama did not single out any specific primary candidate or policy proposal, he cautioned that the universe of voters that could support a Democratic candidate — Democrats, independents and moderate Republicans — are not driven by the same views reflected on “certain left-leaning Twitter feeds” or “the activist wing of our party.”

“Even as we push the envelope and we are bold in our vision, we also have to be rooted in reality,” Obama said. “The average American doesn’t think we have to completely tear down the system and remake it.”

Read the whole story here.

It would be interesting to know what Saint Barry the Gay considers “too far left”. Mandatory gender reassignment perhaps? “We also have to be rooted in reality.” He can’t be serious. The demonrats are estranged from objective reality, they lost their grip a long time ago

Alma
Alma

Impostor, he’s just waiting for a chance to get in again,

Reply to  Alma

I sense desperation, he may be the “best” they can come up with. Either that or recycle the Hilary-thing. Who else, Bloomberg? Please. They have floated the idea of Moochelle but the Big Mike meme has gone viral. Fauxcahontas is weak and stupid, Trump will chew her up and spit her out. Biden? Dirty senile old pedophiles aren’t all that electable. There’s always.. Oprah! Pathetic

PvtCharlieSlate
PvtCharlieSlate
Reply to  William

Consider Michelle’s qualifications:
1) She (supposedly) has the requisite lady parts;
2) She possesses abundant melanin;
3) She is the spouse of an ex-President;
4) She is as healthy and strong as an ox – and almost as smart.

I would question 1, 3, and 4. A swingin’ di*k fails to satisfy my definition of “lady parts”. He is the husband of a constitutionally ineligible faux “president”, the first First Husband. Healthy and strong yes, with all that excess T. Possibly almost as bright as a Spectrum ox. Other than that I agree, highly qualified

SAF
SAF
Reply to  William

How distorted can Moochelle’s perception really be? Here’s a glimpse. Recently she spoke out against the “white flight” in her old Chicago neighborhood. In other words, as blacks infiltrated the neighborhood, the whites left it leaving the neighborhood increasingly black. https://www.theepochtimes.com/what-michelle-obama-leaves-out-about-white-flight_3140519.html

If what the Obama’s did to our nation when we let them in our White House is any indication of what she’s talking about, they made every attempt to destroy America and to create a country on their terms. So, Mrs. Obama, drop the race bait trump card and take responsibility for your actions.

Reply to  Alma

I forgot to mention new age fruitcake Marianne Williamson 🙂

cogitoergosumantra
cogitoergosumantra
Reply to  William

I notice she got bumped from Wednesday night’s “debate” by… that moronic Billonaire. No, not Bloomberg. Steyer.

I’m guessing Bloomberg will bump Booker at the next one. And DeVal won’t get in at all. All three new entrants will take votes from Biden, maybe a few from Warren and Sanders.

Amazing what dropping fat stacks of cash will do for your odds at being on the Democrat ticket despite their platform officially hating on capitalists.

Who will come out on top? The guy who prefers being on bottom… the prince of Notre Dame U.

The prince? You think so? For the D’s anything is possible, even a “Christian” sodomite. Deval..yeah. Mr excitement, the Perry Como of politics. He’s from a very small town here, or has a second home here or something. The town is notable only for having more cars than people. So a nobody from nowhere. Deval is a “house bruthah” who knows the magic words to say to the Dem establishment; yes massa, right away massa

greenworxx
greenworxx

What obummer really means is, don’t tout your ultra socialist/communist views and philosophies while you’re campaigning. That would risk losing the ignorant, dead brains sitting on the wall. Wait until you are elected, like I did, to implement them.

Reply to  greenworxx

Brilliant! 😀

Anonymous
Anonymous

Naw, he doesn’t say! 😉

cogitoergosumantra
cogitoergosumantra

This reminds me of something important I learned last week while researching a story: https://www.youtube.com/embed/QTUC8sOcffk (in which *black* folks are upset that *white* liberals want to change the name of “Negro Bar”, a historical establishment east of Sacramento). Anyway. It is now considered out-dated and offensive to refer to a black person as a “Negro”. Yeah. Google told me so, as did other sites. Who knew? Actually, I believe referring to them as “blacks” is also considered grounds for attack… Call me white all you want; I’m not offended although I’m obviously not “white” per se. That would make me… Read more »

I remember that but I’m OFFENDED by being called “anybody” 🙂

Truckjunkie
Truckjunkie

From here on,why don’t we refer to ANYONE involved in Politics,whether Black,White,Yeller,Green or Clear,Male,Female,any combination thereof,as an Idiot. That makes ALL of ’em exactly the same in reference. President Trump gets a Pass on this because he’s clearly NOT a Politician,he’s JUST AN AMERICAN.

Alma
Alma
Reply to  Truckjunkie

Well said!

. . . and worse.

Recall the “Sarah Palin is a c*nt” t-shirt during the 2008 election.

cogitoergosumantra
cogitoergosumantra

Dude wearing that shirt should check himself in a mirror. And Sarah’s a babe… relatively speaking.

cogitoergosumantra
cogitoergosumantra

I kinda fell for Ms Stefanik in the hearing last week. I think she’d have my back in a fight… and probably win. ;~)

Alma
Alma

I’ve been called a spic many times but to me it means nothing, I am ME who I am, the word negro is not offending, after all they are negros, niggars is offensive as is chinks and polacks, it is the source it comes from, as long as one has pride in himself/herself who cares, to me they are ignorants, jealous and envious. Besides they have an inferiority complex they cannot overcome.

Reply to  Alma

Bottom line, we are all people, all God’s children, of varying shades and customs. But our similarities vastly outweigh our differences. It’s TPTB who create artificial “clash of cultures” to keep us fighting among ourselves. And don’t forget us Micks Alma, especially Cat-Licks, who were for a long time at the absolute bottom of the social pecking order. Now I’m an honorary Pollack. My lady is Polish (everybody here is) and when I do something stupid (often), she says to me, “You’re such a Pollack” 🙂

My former stepdaughter was “biracial” and she would play the “you’re not black, you don’t understand” card when it suited her. I’d counter with, “you’re not black either, you’re light brown. My cat is black.”

Truckjunkie
Truckjunkie

Well,for a change,he’s RIGHT,and logic backs that up,but as is typical with the Democrats,logic has nothing to do with how they run their Party.

SAF
SAF

The Democrats and their fake news machine are using the impeachment fiasco as a red herring to distract from AG Barr and Attorney John Durham’s criminal investigation of Obama’s Russian collusion. “Lock HER up” isn’t enough. Lock HIM up, too. It will take centuries to reverse the damage Obama did to humanity, not just our country. Obama’s Machiavellianism is typical of a sociopath/narcissist. Obama is of criminal mentality. He began “organizing for action” in 2008 during his presidential campaign. Later it was assimilated as part of the Democratic Party. That explains all that is happening now. https://www.influencewatch.org/non-profit/organizing-for-action/ The biggest mistake… Read more »

I wonder what he was thinking of when he said that.

cogitoergosumantra
cogitoergosumantra
Reply to  chemtrailssuck

Biden… who needs a lifeline right about now.