Former Congressman Tom Tancredo, a staunch critic of the two parties’ insane and criminal aiding & abetting of illegal immigration, has written a brilliant and funny essay for WorldNetDaily on the strange phenomenon known as the Obama Stockholm Syndrome.
Stockholm Syndrome is the name for a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express adulation and have positive feelings towards their captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims. Obama Stockholm Syndrome (OSS), however, is the compulsive and irrational need to reaffirm one’s vote for Obama no matter what happens in the real world.
To help us identify those afflicted with OSS, Tancredo developed a list of ten symptoms. The symptoms are confined almost entirely to four insular populations. OSS is most likely to be found among university faculty clubs, mainstream-media newsrooms, windmill-farm technicians and Hollywood celebrities. Nevertheless, OSS can strike anywhere the New York Times is sold.
Here’s the list. I found it to be most useful for spotting OSS zombies here in Berkeley, although I do have a shortcut method — Obama bumperstickers (including an occasional John Edwards bumpersticker for the truly delusional) on their Priuses. LOL
- You believe that the Obama bumper sticker on your Prius automatically extends its warranty to the year 2016.
- You think Obama should have won the Nobel Prize in Philanthropy for giving away other people’s money.
- You believe that the 1.5 million people who protested excessive government spending on the Capitol Mall on Sept. 12 were all part of a vast right-wing conspiracy.
- You believe the colder winters across Europe and North America over the past 11 years, the cooling of the Pacific Ocean and the increased ice accumulation in the Antarctic are all convincing evidence of global warming.
- You think the best way to stop the drug cartel violence in Mexico from spilling into the U.S. is to curtail handgun sales in Omaha, Denver and Spokane.
- You think Obama’s acquiescence to Iran’s nuclear weapons is a giant step toward peace in the Middle East.
- You believe that giving amnesty to 15 million illegal aliens will actively discourage another 15 million from coming across our open borders in the decade ahead.
- You believe that a committee of United Nations bureaucrats should be given a veto over U.S. economic policies in order to reverse the destruction of the planet’s environment by American capitalism.
- You think al-Qaida will not attack America again because Barack Hussein Obama and not George Bush is now the face of America in the Muslim world.
- You believe that Obamacare will provide better health care for more Americans at lower cost without rationing because government-run services are always more efficient than services provided by the greedy private sector.