During the primary elections last “Super” Tuesday, March 3, 2020, Melonnie Hicks, Director of Pioneer City-County Museum in Sweetwater, Texas, posted this on her personal Facebook page:
I hope every single one of you pieces of shit that votes republican, dies today
Erica Garner reports for BigCountryHomepage.com that a few hours after a screenshot of Hicks’ vicious post went viral, getting thousands of shares from across the country, she posted an apology on Facebook. Both the apology and the original post have since been removed, but her Facebook page is still up.
The City of Sweetwater funds a portion of the museum’s building as part of their annual budget. Sweetwater City Manager David Vela told KTAB and KRBC he thought Hicks’ post to be regrettable and reprehensible, especially for someone in a prominent position.
On Thursday, March 5, the museum’s Board of Directors had an emergency meeting at the Sweetwater Police Department to discuss the issue and Hicks’ future with the museum.
The next day, Hicks resigned from her position. (KTAB News)
According to a people search engine, 43-year-old Melonnie Hicks’ middle name is “Angel”. She has a Master’s degree in Museology/Museum Studies from Johns Hopkins University. In 2010, she was convicted and served time in Brazos County, Texas, for possession of marijuana.
Her LinkedIn page says that before she became the executive director of Pioneer City-County Museum, she was a hair stylist and owner of Melonnie’s Hair Studio.
- Unhinged demorats: Woman punches man at his birthday party after mistaking his hat as a MAGA hat
- Unhinged demorats: New Hampshire man charged with slapping 15-year-old Trump supporter outside polling station
- Pro-abort woman threatens to slit throat of pro-life student at 2020 March for Life
- Murderous Democrats: Hustler porn magazine sends Congress assassinate-Trump holiday card
- Murderous Democrats: Black Congressman James Clyburn says ‘Let’s hang’ President Trump