In April I blogged about the web site ILoveBagram.com. This is a web site where soldiers post reasons about why they love Bagram. Here’s some quotes to give you an idea of what fun they are having over there (not):
I love Bagram because:
- Taco shells so stale they shatter like glass when you bite them.
- Eating half your meal at Dragon Dfac (dining facility), then looking down and noticing that some of you food is moving. Bugs are extra protein, right?
- I realized that when I say “I hope the food sucks for lunch/dinner”, I’m never disappointed and I’m happy to have something go the way I want!
- Where else can you be constipated in the morning and have diarrhea in the afternoon.
- ManBearPig doesn’t dare trespass here.
- They should issue a medal for being able to saw through your food without cutting through the to-go box.
- I can have any different combinations of chicken and rice EVERY FRICKING DAY.
- One visit to Kandahar and the poo pond and everyone up in Bagram will stop complaining.
- You know you have been here too long when one of your NCOs is watching the news in Dragon DFAC and says…man, Michelle Obama is hot!
- Getting the shower water to a comfortable temperature is like solving the DaVinci code.
- I LOVE the way my hands smell like turds AFTER washing them in the “Disinfected non-potable water” at the DFAC!
- Learning the hard way that your bladder has a capacity of about 1.3 water bottles.
- We get crappy utensils that can’t cut pudding, but the American prison system has to worry about prisoners making shanks with theirs.
- Finally coming to terms with breathing all this dust. Consider it free “Mineral Air”.
- After reading this I’m glad I’m not there.
Warning: If you go to the web site, you will find language that may be offensive. After all, not all aspects of serving over there are a pleasure. You’ve been warned