It is now transparently clear: The Democratic Party is the enemy of the United States of America.
This morning, the President of Mexico — the country that is the source of most of America’s illegal aliens — was invited to speak before the United States Congress. Felipe Calderon, a guest of this country, demonized the state of Arizona by mischaracterizing its new immigration law as introducing “a terrible idea using racial profiling as the basis for law enforcement.”
At that, the Demonrats of America’s national legislature all stood up and thunderously applauded this piece of Mexican horse manure.
Like US Attorney General Eric Holder, head of the Dept of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, and undoubtedly Obama and all the Congressional Demonrats, Felipe Calderon did not read Arizona’s immigration law, SB 1070, because if he did, he would know better than to open his mouth and display his ignorance. SB 1070 does NOT use racial profiling!
Here are the facts on Arizona’s 10-page Immigration Law, SB 1070:
- SB 1070 specifically states that police, “may not solely consider race, color or national origin” when implementing SB 1070. So Calderon is LYING when he said before Congress that SB 1070 uses racial profiling!
- SB 1070 mirrors federal law, which already requires aliens (non-citizens) to register and carry their documents with them (8 USC 1304(e) and 8 USC 1306(a)). The new Arizona law simply states that violating federal immigration law is now a state crime as well. Because illegal immigrants are by definition in violation of federal immigration laws, they can now be arrested by local law enforcement in Arizona. So it is the height of hypocrisy for Demonrats in Congress to applaud Calderon’s trashing of the Arizona law. If the Demonrats don’t like SB 1070, the solution is to change federal laws on immigration — which is the purview of the U.S. Congress.
- SB 1070 only allows police to ask about immigration status in the normal course of “lawful contact” with a person, such as a traffic stop or if they have committed a crime.
- Before asking a person about immigration status, Arizona’s law enforcement officials are required by the law to have “reasonable suspicion” that a person is an illegal immigrant. The concept of “reasonable suspicion” is well established by court rulings. Since Arizona does not issue driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants, having a valid license creates a presumption of legal status. Examples of reasonable suspicion include:
- A driver stopped for a traffic violation has no license, or record of a driver’s license or other form of federal or state identification.
- A police officer observes someone buying fraudulent identity documents or crossing the border illegally.
- A police officer recognizes a gang member back on the street who he knows has been previously deported by the federal government.
Don’t believe me? Read SB 1070 for yourself, HERE. It’s only TEN pages long — but apparently too long for Calderon, Obama, Holder, Napolitano, and the Demonrats in Congress to read.
To conclude, by giving Felipe Calderon a standing ovation, the Democratic members of Congress have made clear they are the enemies of the United States of America. If American people have any shred of national pride and dignity, they must vote these rats all out in November 2010 and 2012!