Useful idiots. Allah does not permit those of Islamic faith to celebrate that which belongs to Christians. Try explaining how inclusive that is to the kiddos.
From Boston Globe: Lots of kids make lots of Valentine’s Day cards this time of year, but the cards hung on a display inside the Massachusetts College of Art and Design on Sunday afternoon were different. Among the usual red and pink, hearts and doilies, glitter and paint, were messages in Arabic.
More than 150 adults and children showed up for “To Islam, With Love,” a card-making marathon at the school’s Design and Media Center.
The handmade pieces will be delivered to the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center in Roxbury around Valentine’s Day, along with others mailed in by people who couldn’t attend, said Tanya Nixon-Silberg, co-founder of Wee the People, which organized the event.
Twelve Boston Latin Academy students who study Arabic at the school volunteered their time at the event to help families write the Arabic script. Members of the Arabic program created a handout with “phrases of love” in Arabic as a guide, according to Katie Quackenbush, who teaches Arabic at the school.
“On a very visceral level, kids understand when someone’s not being nice to someone,” said Nixon-Silberg. “If kids can understand fairness, they can understand unfairness, which means they can understand injustice.”
Parents in the room said they felt a duty to make the local Muslim community feel wanted and included, especially given some of the heated rhetoric expressed during Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. And though the children in the room were young — most under 10 years old — their parents and caretakers wanted to get started early, teaching inclusion to the next generation.
“I don’t think they’re ever too young to teach empathy and support for others,” said Lisa Ballew, of Melrose, who brought her two young children to the event. Her 4-year-old son, Henry, said he was there to make cards for Muslims, “because some people don’t like them and we want to cheer them up.”
From attending rallies to contacting legislators to supporting local nonprofit groups, “every day, we do something” to spread inclusion and stand against Trump’s rhetoric, said Lynn Brown, of Jamaica Plain, who was at the event with her partner and her partner’s nephew Noren. That morning, she said, they had called the office of Republican Senator John McCain of Arizona.
It took a few tries, but 3-year-old Noren carefully used a clothespin to attach his card to the display. Scrawled in marker upon the red heart glued to the white doily, he explained, was a drawing of “a machine for when monkeys get hot.”
Renato Milone and his wife, Monica Cohen, smiled as their 1 1/2-year-old daughter climbed around his shoulders like a jungle gym, blue paint smeared on her face and hands. “This is beautiful,” he said. “With or without Donald Trump, this should happen every day.”
- Michigan teacher under investigation for assaulting female student over her #WomenForTrump pin
- Chinese scientists play God: First ever pig-monkey hybrids
- Keep your kids far, far away from Lakers games: Obese singer Lizzo twerks in a thong at Staples Center
- Portland, OR to require all new buildings, incl. private homes, provide ‘rest and welcome’ to homeless
- Marvel reveals “transgender” 12-year-old super hero “Mighty Rebekah”
- 2019 ‘Naughty or Nice’ Christmas Shopping List
- Mom slammed for saying “Father Christmas” instead of PC-accepted, “gender neutral” Santa
- Hypocrite Hanoi Jane: While she’s “fighting” for the climate, fundraising platform she partners with promoting travel and car giveaways
- Obama violates Logan Act by undermining Trump administration with foreign governments
- Pure love: Pups welcome home their soldiers!
- Portland, OR to require all new buildings, incl. private homes, provide ‘rest and welcome’ to homeless on
- Keep your kids far, far away from Lakers games: Obese singer Lizzo twerks in a thong at Staples Center on
Most read posts
- Portland, OR to require all new buildings, incl. private homes, provide 'rest and welcome' to homeless 8,041 views
- 2019 'Naughty or Nice' Christmas Shopping List 638 views
- Obama violates Logan Act by undermining Trump administration with foreign governments 319 views
- Keep your kids far, far away from Lakers games: Obese singer Lizzo twerks in a thong at Staples Center 224 views
- Walmart, Amazon and Target are selling book for children as young as 5 to summon demons 186 views
Founded 12-23-2009. Burned down by WordPress 8-15-2018 with 63M hits. Resurrected 8-23-2018. DDOS attacks began 11-10-2018. Massive Spam attacks on 12-3-2018.