Model Tess Holliday is 5’5” and weighs 280 pounds. For someone here age, a normal weight range should be 111 to 150 pounds. She is classified as OBESE CLASS III. There is NOTHING healthy about being so obese.
According to the CDC, the health risks associated with obesity include:
- All-causes of death (mortality)
- High blood pressure
- High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (Dyslipidemia)
- Type 2 diabetes
- Coronary heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint)
- Sleep apnea and breathing problems
- Some cancers (endometrial, breast, colon, kidney, gallbladder, and liver)
- Low quality of life
- Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders
- Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning
Tess is into “body positivity” and “female empowerment” because she is fat. Somehow obesity is suppose to give women confidence.
And anyone who dares call out the health risks of her being so fat is instantly labeled a “body shamer.”
Sorry but NO. That DOES NOT LOOK GOOD.
Promoting an unhealthy body size is dangerous (see the first bullet in the list below). Disguising a serious health condition as “female empowerment” and dismissing real health standards is not logical.
Feminism today has nothing to do with facts, such as those provided with the evidence of the consequences of obesity. It’s all about feeeeeelings, emotions and justification for your actions – and the lack of personal responsibility. That’s the liberal way.
- Feminists get it wrong: Study finds that normalization of plus-size fuels obesity epidemic
- This is feminism: Obese model Tess Holliday gets Cosmopolitan cover
- Size 26 Tess Holliday leads an army of curvy models at London Fashion Week to promote “body positivity”
- Feminism promotes obesity: Extremely overweight actress Chrissy Metz is “inspiring”
- Promoting Obesity: PC “acceptance” of loving your body no matter your size
- JC Penney is now promoting obesity
- Make it stop: Obese model goes nude for “female empowerment”
- NSFW: Lingerie company calls out “haters” who body-shame an obese model
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!