Was your new year resolution that of exercising more?
And have you already abandoned your resolution?
Be kind to yourself and forgive yourself. You are only human.
Please watch this video made by a physician. Your life depends on it!
This is what regular exercise does for us:
- Reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke, falls, fractures, type 2 diabetes, and breast and colon cancer.
- Lowers blood pressure, improves our lipid profile, helps process glucose and insulin.
- Improves our cognitive function, preventing the frightful Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Helps combat and prevent depression.
- Helps our functional health — being able to do the things we used to do as we get older.
- Increases life expectancy by 3-5 years.
If there’s a drug that can do all the above, it would be called a Magic Pill and we’d all be taking it.
Regular exercise means as little and as easy as a half-hour walk 5 days a week!
So put on your walking shoes and Take a Hike! 😀