Joe Roberts reports for the UK Metro that on April 25, 2019, the final day of the Extinction Rebellion (XR) eco-protest in London’s financial district, a woman glued her breasts to the road outside the Goldman Sachs offices.
Several police officers surrounded the woman and put up screens to shield her from the public, but she was spotted by passengers on a double-decker bus, lying face down with her top up to her neck. One of the passengers, Jamie Lorriman, took the picture below.
Cimate change activists targeted London’s financial districts to highlight what they call the business world’s “role in our collective suicide”. An XR spokeswoman said “the financial industry is responsible for funding climate and ecological destruction and we are calling on them, the companies and the institutions that allow this to happen, to tell the truth.”
ER demonstrators temporarily blockaded the London Stock Exchange by gluing themselves across entrances to the building. The protesters were “unglued” before they were taken away in police vans. Scotland Yard said 26 people had been arrested on suspicion of aggravated trespassing.
Elsewhere, five protesters including 83-year-old grandfather Phil Kingston clambered onto the roof of a DLR (Docklands Light Railway) train at Canary Wharf station in east London, holding signs saying “business as usual = death” and “don’t jail the canaries”. British Transport Police (BTP) used ropes, ladders and harnesses to remove them from the roof. Five people were arrested on suspicion of obstructing the railway.
Altogether, some 1,130 people were arrested during the protests which began ten days ago on April 15. More than 10,000 police officers were deployed.
- Greens really are commies: 130 UN-backed green groups call for end of capitalism
- Green Peace co-founder now admits no scientific proof of man-made global warming
- Proposed UN Tribunal of Climate Justice threatens U.S. sovereignty, while Antarctica ice is increasing, not melting
- UN wants $240/gallon gas tax to combat global warming
- UN’s dire warning: Terrifying climate change data means we’re doomed in 12 years!
- Calif. Gov. Jerry Brown threatens to put climate-change protesters ‘in the ground’
- California dairy farmers must buy multimillion $ cow-manure ‘digesters’ to comply with climate-change law
- Liberal Hypocrisy: Global warmists attend SF climate change summit in private jets
- Bad news for global warmists: Trees and forests increased 865,000 sq. mi. instead of decreased
- Fake News: National Geographic’s starving ‘climate change’ polar bear
- New emails by global warming scientists show them to be frauds
- You go first: Alec Baldwin says Americans must make certain sacrifices to save the planet from climate change
- Hollyweird hypocrite Emma Thompson flies 5,400+ miles to protest climate change
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!