Last week, global warming/climate change hucksters converged on San Francisco for the three-day Global Climate Action Summit, Sept. 12-14, on lowering the carbon emissions alleged to be responsible for global warming.
More than 4,000 elected officials, business executives and environmentalists from around the globe flew into San Francisco International Airport (SFO) for the Summit. So many came by fuel-guzzling, carbon-spewing private jets that they increased SFO’s corporate private jet traffic by as much as 30%.
Matier & Ross report for the San Francisco Chronicle, Sept. 16, 2018:
One of the hottest spots during the just-concluded Global Climate Action Summit was the private runway at San Francisco International Airport, where SFO spokesman Doug Yakel reports corporate jet traffic was up 30 percent over normal.
Airport sources told us that the carbon-spewing corporate jets nearly filled the landing area’s parking slots and that many had flown in for the conference.
[…] The summit was organized by Gov. Jerry Brown, who has been known to fly private.
In 2015, Brown flew with real estate mega-millionaire and major Democratic Party donor George Marcus via private jet to a climate change conference at the Vatican. The next year, the go-green governor jetted off with Marcus for a two-week trip that included stops in Italy, Bulgaria, Romania and Ukraine.
According to Emily Zanotti of Daily Wire, the Global Action Climate Summit attendees included “environmental A-listers” Al Gore, actors Harrison Ford and Alec Baldwin, and pop musician Dave Matthews, “all of whom can afford to and choose to fly by themselves rather than find a more eco-friendly way to attend an event dedicated to saving the planet.”
Citing The Guardian, Zanotti points out that:
- An hour’s flight on a private jet emits more carbon dioxide than most Africans do in a whole year.
- A fully-loaded passenger jet puts between 200-300kg (o.22-0.33 ton) of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere per passenger per hour; but a half-full private Lear Jet emits 400-600kg (0.44-0.66 ton) of carbon dioxide per passenger per hour.
- If Al Gore flew in a half-full Lear Jet, he’s responsible for the same amount of carbon dioxide as an average American family home creates in about two weeks.
Further adding to their hypocrisy, the Global Climate Action Summit attendees weren’t any more carbon conscious on the ground.
According to the New York Times, few high-profile attendees took advantage of freely available carbon-neutral ground transportation while they were in San Francisco. An expensive electric shuttle, provided to move attendees between event landmarks, was “nearly empty” all the time.
H/t Big Lug
- Bad news for global warmists: Trees and forests increased 865,000 sq. mi. instead of decreased
- Fake News: National Geographic’s starving ‘climate change’ polar bear
- 8 years ago, Al Gore said North Pole will be completely ice-free by now
- Calif. Gov. Jerry Brown threatens to put climate-change protesters ‘in the ground’
- HYPOCRITE: Harrison Ford wants us to stop electing leaders who don’t believe in science
- CA governor Jerry Brown is a psychopath: ‘It’s all a lie. I don’t have a plan for California’
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!