Are the Obamas tone-deaf or do they just not care?
At a time when:
- The U.S. unemployment rate actually rose to 10.3% at the end of February, according to Gallup;
- More than 1 out of 8 Americans (44 million) are on food stamps;
- Cities (Vallejo in California) and counties (Boise, Idaho) have declared bankruptcy;
- Ohio, North Carolina and Michigan lost, respectively, 38%, 42%, and 48% of their manufacturing jobs between December 2000 and December 2010
Michelle Antoinette was spotted last Monday, March 7, 2011, coming out a huge gas-guzzling carbon-spewing SUV carrying this $1,000 totebag:
The teal-colored bag is by designer Reed Krakoff who has stores in only the swankiest locales in the U.S. and across world, such as 831 Madison Avenue in New York.
Michelle’s bag is the RK Ribbon Large Tote, Style #15813:
- Hand-burnished leather
- Black nickel hardware
- Inside front split pocket and back zip pocket
- Twill fabric lined
- Height: 12″; Width: 16″; Depth: 6.5″
You too can get one at Krakoff’s website for $990, plus shipping. Sadly, the teal color is all sold out, but if you hurry, you can still get it in sepia or smoke!
Let them eat cake!