With the election of Democrat Gavin Newsom as governor, and of Demonrats to a majority in California’s State Assembly (61 D, 19 R) and Senate (28 D, 10 R), socialist California hurtles further down what economist Friedrich Hayek called “the road to serfdom”.
As DCG reported in her post of January 13, 2019, Newsom proposed in the 2019-20 state budget a new water tax, euphemistically called the “safe and affordable drinking water fund” that would “enable the State Water Resources Control Board to assist communities, particularly disadvantaged communities, in paying for the short-term and long-term costs of obtaining access to safe and affordable drinking water.”
The details of the proposed tax are unknown, but a similar proposal was abandoned by then-Governor Jerry Brown last year after failing to garner enough support in the legislature. Under Brown’s plan, California residents would have been taxed 95 cents a month, or $11.40 a year.
Despite California’s cost of living being unsustainable, Gov. Gavin Newsom wants to add yet ANOTHER tax — this time on your water. Between the gas tax, a car tax, and even a tax on text messages (which we killed), Gavin Newsom and weak Sacramento politicians like the ones below are coming right for your wallet…again.
We’re launching a massive campaign to make sure that these Water Tax Weaklings vote NO on the Water Tax.
The legislators to contact are:
- Sen. Anna Caballero (D-Salinas)
- Assembly member Sabrina Cervantes (D-Riverside)
- Assembly member Tasha Horvath (D-Encinitas)
- Assembly member Jacqui Irwin (D-Thousand Oaks)
- Assembly member Brian Maienschein (R to D – San Dieg0): This POS changed parties from Republican to Democrat on Jan. 24, 2019, after he was elected.
- Assembly member Cottie Petrie-Norris (D-Laguna Beach)
- Assembly member Sharon Quirk-Silva (D-Fullerton)
- Assembly member James Ramos (D-Highland)
- Sen. Richard Roth (D-Riverside)
- Assembly member Christy Smith (D-Santa Clarita)
- Sen. Tom Umberg (D-Santa Ana)
To find out who your California senator and assembly member are, go here. Once there, click the embedded links to contact them.
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!