- Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?
- Why is the third hand on a watch called the second hand?
- If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
- If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?
- Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?
- Why does “slow down” and ” slow up” mean the same thing?
- Why does “fat chance” and “slim chance” mean the same thing?
- Why do “tug” boats push their barges?
- Why do we sing “Take me out to the ball game” when we are already there?
- Why are they called “stands” when they are made for sitting?
- Why is it called “after dark” when it is really “after light”?
- Doesn’t “expecting the unexpected” make the unexpected expected?
- Why are a “wise man” and a “wise guy” opposites?
- Why do “overlook” and “oversee” mean opposite things?
- Why is “phonics” not spelled the way it sounds?
- If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
- If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
- If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
- If you are cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?
- Why is bra singular and panties plural?
- Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?
- Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?
- How come abbreviated is such a long word?
- Why do we wash bath towels? Aren’t we clean when we use them?
- Why doesn’t glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
- Why do they call it a TV set when you only have one?
- Christmas – What other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of your socks?
- Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
I dunno , why do we?
~Steve~ H/T Grouchy
Please follow and like us: