Fast-acting McDonald’s workers beat up robber, take gun
KHOU: (HOUSTON) — Two brothers, one a father and the other a soon-to-be father, did not think twice when three armed robbers stormed a McDonald’s near Willowbrook Mall late Thursday.
“It was kind of like out of a movie scene,” Brodrique Banks, 24, who was working in the kitchen, said.
Banks and his 21-year-old brother, Xavier, said it was around midnight Thursday when three men with guns pulled up to the restaurant on Highway 249 at N. Gessner.
“As they pulled up, you can see a guy spring out through the window. He was armed and masked and everything,” Banks said.
One of the men climbed through a drive-through window, but Banks surprised the gunman and beat him up and took his gun after it jammed.
“Once it jammed, I was able to grip it, and get it away. By that time, I hit him with a couple of knees,” Banks said. Banks fired the gun away from everyone to empty the clip.
Employees locked the drive-through window and waited for police to arrive, but the two gunmen outside shot out the window so the suspect inside could escape.
Authorities said the three men left empty-handed, and they even left behind the truck they pulled up in, which was reported stolen. No employees were injured in the attempted robbery.
Everyone was left shaken up and Banks had some words of wisdom for the suspect. “There are other ways, you have to be patient. Something will fall through as long as you’re trying. I just feel bad for him,” he said.
Banks said he watches a lot of wrestling and that’s where he learned his moves.
Police are trying to figure out if the same guys are connected to other restaurant robberies in the area.
Score one for the good guys!
- We have a winner!
- Corruption: Defense Secretary James Mattis made secret $10B no-bid Pentagon contract with Amazon
- Psalm 52 speaks to CNN and MSNBC
- Man foaming-green-stuff-from-mouth among mysterious deaths of American tourists in Dominican Republic
- Justice served: Democrat sells home to pay settlement to Sen. Rand Paul for assault
- Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders
- Drag queen on library story hour: “We’re grooming next generation”
- The special friendship between a neighbor and Brody, the St. Bernard
- Father’s Day 2019: 1 in 4 U.S. children live in fatherless homes
- Sunday Devotional: The Mystery of Three Persons in One God
- Man foaming-green-stuff-from-mouth among mysterious deaths of American tourists in Dominican Republic on
- We have a winner! on
- Military tribunals and Trump dissuaded against ordering the prosecution of Hillary Clinton on
- We have a winner! on
- The ‘Biden 2020’ Caption Contest on
- Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders on
- Psalm 52 speaks to CNN and MSNBC on
- More evidence that Sandy Hook Elementary School had moved to Monroe, CT before the shooting massacre on
Most read posts
- Justice served: Democrat sells home to pay settlement to Sen. Rand Paul for assault 1,893 views
- Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders 1,349 views
- Corruption: Defense Secretary James Mattis made secret $10B no-bid Pentagon contract with Amazon 469 views
- Man foaming-green-stuff-from-mouth among mysterious deaths of American tourists in Dominican Republic 349 views
- Sandy Hook: 6 signs that school was closed before massacre 348 views
Founded 12-23-2009. Burned down by WordPress 8-15-2018 with 63M hits. Resurrected 8-23-2018. DDOS attacks began 11-10-2018. Massive Spam attacks on 12-3-2018.
Subscribe to FOTM here:Thank you!