Joel B. Pollak reports for Breitbart, July 19, 2019, that although self-identified socialist and 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.) said he supports a federal minimum wage of $15 per hour, workers on his presidential campaign complain they are making “poverty wages” and demand that he pay them a $15/hour minimum wage.
In a letter to Sander’s campaign manager Faiz Shakir, the unionized workers complained that field organizers “cannot be expected to build the largest grassroots organizing program in American history while making poverty wages” of an average hourly pay of less than $13, leaving many “barely managing to survive financially”. That, in turn, “is severely impacting our team’s productivity and morale. Some field organizers have already left the campaign as a result.” The workers remind Sanders that “Given our campaign’s commitment to fighting for a living wage of at least $15.00 an hour, we believe it is only fair that the campaign would carry through this commitment to its own field team.”
This is not the only complaint. Last year, staffers on Sanders’s 2016 campaign finally came forward with allegations of “sexual violence and harassment.”
Meanwhile, on Thursday, July 18, the Democrat-majority House of Representatives voted 231-199 to raise the national minimum wage from $7.25 to $15 an hour over six years.
Democrats contend the bill would raise wages for millions of Americans, but the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) found that a $15 per hour minimum wage “would lift 1.3 million people out of poverty but also put an estimated 1.3 million Americans out of work.
- Surprise! Not. Poll finds Bernie Sanders supporters are low information voters
- Socialist-environmentalist Bernie Sanders flew first-class to Miami debate; wife flew coach
- Bernie Sanders: Faithful Christians are racist bigots, unfit for public office
- Satanists endorse Bernie Sanders for President
- $16.2 trillion tax hikes to fund millionaire-socialist Bernie Sanders’ Medicare For All plan
- Even Cher balks at Bernie Sanders’ proposal that felons in prison have right to vote
- Bernie Sanders hires an illegal as his 2020 presidential campaign secretary
- Bernie Sanders shirtless in the Soviet Union: 1988 video
- Bernie Sanders and the $140,000 Audi R8
- Millionaire actor and millionaire Bernie Sanders gripe about Trump’s millionaire appointees