Despite all the negative publicity on human feces littering the streets of San Francisco and the city government’s Poop Patrol Program that was launched last year, a new study by renthop found that the problem is only getting worse — “getting out of control”:
- The number of poop complaints has steadily risen by 80% since 2011.
- In 2017, San Francisco residents reported over 20,800 poop sightings, that’s over 450 piles of poop per square mile. In 2018, the number of poop complaints increased 35% to 28,315 reports. This year is even worse: As of November 6, 2019, the city covernment’s customer service center SF311 has received over 25,000 animal or human waste complaints, 7% more than the same period in 2018.
- October 2018 was the worst month, with 3,854 feces complaints, since the city started logging those complaints.
- The dirtiest neighborhoods, with the greatest number of poop complaints, are in the city center areas, especially the Tenderloin, which has won the “poopiest neighborhood” contest for the past three years, with 8,644.2 poop incidents per sq. mi. in 2017, 7,722.8 in 2018, and 6,887.9 so far in 2019.
- Glen Park saw the largest increase of 205% in the number of poop complaints from 2017 to 2018 — from 20 complaints (29.9/sq. mi.) in 2017, to 61 complaints (91.2/sq.mi.) in 2018.
To bring home the point that San Francisco’s human feces problem is distinctive to the city, according to KTVU, last year New York City, which has ten times the population of San Francisco, had “just” 1,700 poop complaints. San Francisco had 28,315 poop complaints — 1,665% more than NYC.
Needless to say, this is a serious public health problem. I’m surprised San Francisco hasn’t yet had an outbreak of typhoid fever, cholera, or dysentery — all infectious diseases spread by human feces.
The San Francisco city government is all Democrats, but city residents simply refuse to connect the dots:
- Mayor London Breed, Democrat.
- 11-member Board of Supervisors: all Democrats.
- City Attorney Dennis Herrera, Democrat.
- New York Times admits Democrat-run cities are unlivable
- Infectious disease expert warns that San Francisco is becoming dirtier than slums in India and Brazil
- California Nightmare: L.A. homeless man poured bucket of hot feces on woman