Mon, 30 Jan 2017 14:37:01 +0000
In the 2016 election, many in the mainstream media were in-your-face with their pro-Hillary partisan bias. See:
- Fake News: Newsweek didn’t write or read fake ‘Hillary won’ cover story
- NYT calls on Google to hide Hillary Clinton’s failing health
- NYT openly advocates abandoning objectivity in reporting on Trump
- Never investigating Obama, Washington Post unleashes army of 20 to probe ‘every facet’ of Trump’s life
- CNN anchor Chris Cuomo admits media are Hillary Clinton’s bitch
- Blatant media bias: MSNBC’s Joy Reid is a whore for Hillary
- Media’s Orwellian censorship on Hillary Clinton’s health: HuffPo deletes article; bans author
- News media are big donors to Hillary’s corrupt Clinton Foundation
All boastful hyperbole aside, it was the Alternative Media’s reporting, especially the emails of the DNC, Hillary, and John Podesta released by the heroic WikiLeaks, which played an estimable role in helping Donald Trump defeat Hillary Clinton.
Although the New York Times has expressed regret for its biased reporting, others have not, notably the Washington Post and CNN (Cable News Network) who have only redoubled their undisguised and adamant opposition against President Trump.
It was Washington Post that approvingly and with malice cited an anonymous website’s (PropOrNot) defamation of of 200 AltMedia websites as intentional or unintentional agents of the Russian government in the 2016 election. See:
- “It’s War. Time to choose which side you’re on,” (on Washington Post‘s McCarthyist demonization of Alternative Media as Russian agents)
- CIA: Washington Post lied about a secret CIA report that Russia intervened in 2016 election
- Naked Capitalism threatens to sue Washington Post for ‘fake news’ defamation
CNN also makes clear its continuing bias and hostility against Trump. See:
- CNN Fake News: U.S. intelligence memo says Russia has ‘compromising’ information on Trump
- This is CNN: Correspondent Caught Joking About Donald Trump’s Plane Crashing
- This is CNN: Guest commentator states, ‘We Have Put White Supremacy Into the White House’
On January 17, 2017, CNN’s president Jeff Zucker went beyond the network’s biased reporting when he issued a veiled but real threat against President Trump.
In a discussion with Gabriel Sherman of New York magazine on Jan. 18, 2017, Zucker defended CNN’s report of a Russian dossier by Obama administration intelligence agencies containing an unverified fabrication of Trump, while in Moscow, hiring prostitutes to urinate on a hotel bed that Obama allegedly had slept in.
When he was asked why CNN saw fit to publish allegations that “weren’t verified,” Zucker answered that “We didn’t pass judgment on the allegations. We reported we had not been able to corroborate them.”
Then he was asked if he’s “concerned about getting access to Trump,” given Trump bypassing a CNN reporter at his press conference the week before. This is what President of CNN Worldwide Jeff Zucker said:
“I think the era of access journalism as we’ve known it is over. It doesn’t worry me that Donald Trump hasn’t done an interview with CNN in eight months. I think our credibility is higher than ever, and our viewership is higher than ever, and our reporting is as strong as ever. One of the things I think this administration hasn’t figured out yet is that there’s only one television network that is seen in Beijing, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Baghdad, Tehran, and Damascus — and that’s CNN. The perception of Donald Trump in capitals around the world is shaped, in many ways, by CNN. Continuing to have an adversarial relationship with that network is a mistake.“
I take Zucker’s statement “Continuing to have an adversarial relationship with that network is a mistake” to be a threat that implies that CNN — a cable and satellite television channel owned by the Turner Broadcasting System division of a U.S. company, Time Warner — will continue to engage in biased reporting in order to create and foment a negative perception of the President of the United States “in capitals around the world”.
Jeffrey “Jeff” Bewkes, 64, is the CEO, President, and Chairman of the Board of Time Warner Inc., with an annual salary of $32.5 million. Here’s the contact info. I was able to find:
- Time Warner Inc.
One Time Warner Center
New York, NY 10019-8016
- Keith Cocozza
Senior Vice President
- Time Warner’s Twitter account: https://twitter.com/twxcorp