Eric Worrall reports for Watts Up With That?, Dec. 10, 2016 that Catholic Online reports that new priests will be expected to learn about global warming as part of their priest formation:
LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) — The Catholic Church is intimately concerned about climate change. The Vatican’s Pontifical Academy of Sciences is the world’s oldest, longest running scientific mission. That body, which advises the pope on matters of science, has concluded that global climate change is real and is caused, at least in significant part, by human activity….
Now updated guidelines for the formation of clergy says new priests should understand this as well:
“Protecting the environment and caring for our common home — the Earth, belong fully to the Christian outlook on man and reality. Priests should be “promoters of an appropriate care for everything connected to the protection of creation.”
The new guidelines suggest that in the future, priests will also have a good grasp of the global climate change problem and will share this with their congregation.
- Pope Francis calls for a new global authority to combat ‘climate change’
- Despotism: Bishop adviser to Pope Francis claims papal infallibility over climate change
- UK Telegraph: Pope Francis is delusional about climate change
- The Illegitimate Pope: Election of Jorge Bergoglio as Pope Francis was contaminated by lobbying in violation of papal laws
- Democratic Party platform to call for prosecution of climate change deniers
- Thought Crime: 17 Democratic attorney generals go after climate-change deniers
- Green Peace co-founder now admits no scientific proof of man-made global warming