Thu, 17 Nov 2016 19:04:30 +0000
The 2016 presidential election was also another instance of America’s ongoing culture war.
From exit polling data (Washington Post ):
- 58% of Protestants or other Christians voted for Trump, vs. 39% for Hillary.
- 81% of white evangelical or born again Christians voted for Trump, vs. 16% for Hillary.
- 52% of Catholics voted for Trump, vs. 45% for Hillary.
- Jewish: 71% Hillary vs 24% Trump
- Some other religion: 62% Hillary vs. 29% Trump
- No religion: 68% Hillary vs. 26% Trump
- 78% of those who identify themselves as lesbian gay, bisexual or transgender voted for Hillary, vs. 14% for Trump.
- 48% of non-LGBTs voted for Trump vs. 47% for Hillary.
- 61% of voters who say they have served in the military voted for Trump, vs. 34% for Hillary.
- 50% of voters who have never served in the military voted for Hillary, vs. 45% for Trump.
- MAGA: Beastialists in retreat after Trump win
- 2016 Revolt of the Deplorables: The Forgotten Working Class