Fri, 13 Feb 2015 13:27:08 +0000
Cissy is a little white miniature schnauzer who lives in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
On Feb. 7, 2015, Cissy did something remarkable — she walked 20 city blocks by herself to a hospital in search of her sick owner, Nancy Franck.
Joel Christie reports for Daily Mail, Feb. 12, 2015, that Cissy had never run away from home before, but on Saturday the miniature schnauzer did just that, in order to find her human mom who has been at Mercy Medical Center for the last two weeks, after undergoing surgery for ovarian cancer.
Cissy disappeared from her yard in Cedar Rapids, only to show up about 20 blocks away at the medical center.
Mercy Security Officer Samantha Conrad told KCRG, ”We looked up and there was this dog just running across the lobby. We started looking at the tags and it had the address and we saw how far away this dog had lived, as far as going at least fifteen blocks to get here. So it was quite an amazing journey that this dog made.”
The security guard used the dog’s tags to call Nancy’s husband, Dale Franck.
Mr. Franck said Cissy had been acting weird and he could tell she seemed anxious to go somewhere. The dog had been missing about four hours before the hospital called.
“She wanted to go see her mom,” Mr. Franck told KCRG. “She was on a mission but she couldn’t find the right elevator to take.”
The couple’s daughter, Sarah Wood, went to the hospital to get Cissy and, of course, brought her to Nancy’s room.
However the family have not been able to figure out how Cissy managed to find her way through 20 city blocks to the hospital because she has never even been to the hospital before.
St. Thomas Aquinas said there are two orders of Angels — Virtues and Powers — whose charges are non-human bodily creatures. Cissy’s guardian angel must have been working overtime!
I can’t even begin to imagine the profound love that spurred this brave little dog to embark on her journey to be with her human . . . .
- Creation: Biochemical proof of our pets’ love
- Dog taken by car thief finds her way back home
- Cat walks 200 miles for 2 months to return home
- Dog faints from joy, reunited with woman after 2 years
- Dog waits 8 days in parking lot for hospitalized owner
- Feel good story of the day: Dog finds owner in hospital
- The cat who brings gifts to his person’s tomb
- Dog Stands Guard Over His Master’s Grave
- Heartbroken dog attends daily Mass
- Tiny Daschund sacrifices life to save owner from 400-lb black bear
- Dog rescues kittens dumped in traffic
- Dog risks own life by staying next to dead friend
- Hero rabbit saves owners from deadly gas leak
- Hero rabbit saves owners from house fire
- Labrador determined to befriend Down’s Syndrome boy