As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral
director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man.
He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper’s
cemetery in the Kentucky back country.
As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being
typical man, I didn’t stop for directions.
I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently
gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight.
There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.
I felt bad and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the
side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in
place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to play.
The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I
played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends.
I played like I’ve never played before for this homeless man.
And as I played ‘Amazing Grace,’ the workers began to weep. They wept,
I wept, we all wept together.
When I finished I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car.
Though my head hung low, my heart was full. As I opened the door to my
car, I heard one of the workers say, “I never seen nothin’ like that
before and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”
Apparently I’m still lost….
Typical male…won’t ask for directions!
~Steve~ H/T Richard
- Test your eyesight
- Sunday Devotional: Sing joyfully to the Lord!
- 4th of July Zombies
- Useful idiot: Pro-#BLM journalist killed in Louisville protest
- Happy Fourth of July, America!
- How many days before Ghislaine Maxwell is “suicided?”
- B.C. overdoses claimed more lives in May than COVID-19 has claimed all year in the province
- Chiraq Mayor Lightfoot: Does she read her own Twitter timeline?
- Massachusetts city gives polyamory same legal rights as married couples
- #BlackLivesMatter isn’t about racial justice. Here’s the proof
Most read posts
Founded 12-23-2009. Burned down by WordPress 8-15-2018 with 63M hits. Resurrected 8-23-2018. DDOS attacks began 11-10-2018. Massive Spam attacks on 12-3-2018.