Sammy Davis Jr. was also a satanist.
On July 19, 2019, in episode one, season 11 of Jerry Seinfeld’s Netflix show, “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” actor/comedian Eddie Murphy said Sammy Davis Jr. had a “cocaine mouth”. Then Murphy said:
“Then he [Davis] told me he worshipped the Devil. We were in Dan Tanners . . . and Sammy was like ‘You know, Satan is as powerful as God.’
I was like, “What? What the f*ck are you talking about?’
He said ‘Why do you think there’s so much anger in the world, killing and murder, and Satan . . . .’ Then he saw my reaction to it so he sort of lightened up on it.”
Seinfeld laughed and laughed because, you know, satanism is just such a funny thing.
Here’s the video:
On July 30, 2019, a blind item reveal on Crazy Days and Nights confirms Murphy’s account:
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Up until his death, this permanent A list singer/actor who was in a very famous unofficial group was the biggest donor to the Church Of Satan.
Sammy Davis Jr.
Posted by ent lawyer at 9:40 AM
Before the recent reveals, there had been accounts in the media of Davis being a satanist.
On May 4, 2016, in an article for SFGate on the 50th anniversary of the founding of Anton LaVey’s Church of Satan, Mike Moffit writes:
LaVey’s unholy house of worship was also drawing Hollywood’s attention. Sammy Davis Jr. was introduced to the Church of Satan at an orgy party, which he later described as “dungeons and dragons and debauchery.” After Davis starred in an ill-fated sitcom called “Poor Devil” — a sort of “It’s a Wonderful Life” in reverse, the church awarded him the title of Warlock II, which may be akin to Angel Second Class.
The source for Moffit’s article is a lengthier article by Jake Austen, “Sammy Devil Jr.,” in VICE, May 1, 2008. Austen writes:
All that Mr. Entertainment [Sammy Davis Jr.] needed to partake in a new vice was an invitation…. Sammy spent years in shame-free indulgence, screening 35 mm porn prints at parties, visiting adult-movie sets where he treated the actresses like Hollywood royalty, and, according to her biography, taking fellatio lessons from Ms. Lovelace herself. As Sammy explained in his 1989 memoir, Why Me?, “I wanted to have every human experience.”
There’s no better example of this than Sammy’s dabblings in Satanism. Christian by birth, Jewish by choice, Sammy started his personal relationship with Satan during a 1968 visit to the Factory, a nightclub he partially owned. He was invited to a party by a group of young actors sporting red fingernails, signifying their allegiance to the Church of Satan. Founded in 1966 by Anton LaVey, a horror fan with a background in carnival work, ghostbusting, and nightclub organ, the San Francisco-based ministry combined LaVey’s interests in ancient paganism, a media-savvy flair for publicity, and a philosophy of indulgence over abstinence.
When Sammy arrived at the party (whose theme he summarized as “dungeons and dragons and debauchery”), all attendees were wearing hoods or masks. The centerpiece of the “coven” was a naked woman chained spread-eagle on a red-velvet-covered alter. Davis was confident though that human sacrifice was not on the menu that evening. “That chick was happy,” he wrote, “and wasn’t really going to get anything sharper than a dildo stuck in her.”
Not all the Satanists at that orgy would be so lucky. As Sammy was getting stoned and serviced, one of the ritual’s leaders tilted back his hood, revealing himself as Jay Sebring, the singer’s barber. Hollywood’s all-time greatest hetero hairdresser, Sebring was responsible for the shaggy style sported by Jim Morrison, helped get Bruce Lee on TV, and was engaged to actress Sharon Tate. During the Manson Family’s infamous 1969 massacre, Sebring would be bound to Tate, shot, then stabbed seven times. His bio on the website for Sebring International (his still-active haircare company) fails to mention his Satanism, though until recently the company’s logo was an ankh, a symbol frequently used by occultists.
Sammy continued to attend Satanic orgies and eventually joined the Church of Satan….”
Impressed by Davis’ Poor Devil sit-com, which LaVey extolled as a “magnificent commercial” for the Church of Satan, LaVey offered Davis an honorary second-degree (Warlock IIº) Church of Satan membership.
Davis extended [LaVey] an invitation to a Bay Area concert, where he [Davis] gleefully accepted a membership certificate, card, and a IIÞ Baphomet medallion, which he wore during his performance. After the show, Davis invited [Michael] Aquino and LaVey’s daughter Karla to dinner, where he discussed his interest in the occult, and assured them that the Poor Devil shout-out was no coincidence. Soon after, LaVey himself struck up a friendship with Davis, who began appearing in public with a painted fingernail. When Sammy was in the Bay he would reserve front-row seats for LaVey’s entourage and flashed them the Sign of the Horns during the show. In private conversations, Davis revealed a deep, passionate interest in the Satanic philosophies and LaVey reportedly considered making him a senior official of the Church.
Sure makes you wonder who really is the “Candy Man” of one of Davis’ most popular song. (P.S. I had always loathed that song.)
- Actor Christian Bale thanks Satan at 2019 Golden Globes
- Home Alone actor Macaulay Culkin is a satanist: Website invites readers to be one with the Devil
- NXIVM: Leader approves of incest and gang rape; Allison Mack is a satanist
- Will Ferrell performs Satanic ritual on live TV
- Madonna’s Super Bowl Satanism
- Satanist Katy Perry is obsessed with cannibalism
- Hollywood Satanists: Kendall Jenner wears the Baphomet
- Footage of Angelina Jolie describing her satanic initiation into the Illuminati
- Pop Culture Satanists
- Obama’s Mentor, Saul Alinsky, was a Satanist
- Upside-down crosses and Chelsea Clinton’s happy new year to Church of Satan
- Evidence that Hillary Clinton and her associates are satanists
- One-world-government Walter Cronkite: ‘I’m glad to sit at the right hand of Satan’
- D.C. satanists: Sally Quinn of Washington Post used hexes to kill people
- Feminism and Satanism: #MeToo movement inspires voodoo New York fashion show
- Satanism is now a cool thing in California, esp. Hollywood
- Movie promises a prize to those who convert to Satanism
- Satanism as a new political movement in America
- Satanists endorse Bernie Sanders for President
- “Sunday Devotional: Blessed are you when people hate you,” on the rise of witchcraft and satanism in America.
- “Sunday Devotional: Giving thanks for the election,” on satanists among anti-Trump protesters in D.C.