From Fox News: Hollywood women have banded together like never before on issues including pay inequality and sexual harassment, declaring that women all over the world need to stick together and be supportive of one another. But experts say several stars aren’t practicing what they preach when it comes to Donald Trump’s press secretary, Sarah Sanders.
Self-proclaimed activist Chelsea Handler wrote in an op-ed for Thrive in Dec. 2016: “Let’s stop it with the dialogue about how women look or what they wear, or if they’ve gained or lost weight. We are more guilty of this with each other than most men are.”
Cher has often spoken out about the sexualization of women, declaring at the Women’s March on Jan. 20 that she “believe[s] in this movement.”
But both stars recently attacked Sanders solely over her looks.
Cher tweeted to Sanders on Tuesday to “stop dressing like a sister wife.” After fans slammed Cher for the hurtful tweet, she followed up by admitting it was “kinda mean” but “so funny.”
Handler has gone even further than Cher by mocking Sanders’ “summer whore lipstick” and calling her a “harlot” on her Netflix show. Comedian Fortune Feimster even wore exaggerated makeup to play Sanders for a skit on Handler’s now-defunct series.
And “Saturday Night Live” took a similar swipe at the press secretary’s outfits by putting the show’s Sanders character in a revealing outfit to dance provocatively to a pop song in a November 2017 episode.
The show has also dressed the Sanders character, played by Aidy Bryant, in a bright pink dress to mock the press secretary’s frequent color choice.
Penny Nance, President and CEO of Concerned Women for America, told Fox News Cher’s recent insults proves Hollywood feminists don’t play by their own rules when it comes to conservative women.
“Cher’s attack on Sarah is yet another example of how liberal women in all types of powerful positions stand up for only those women who adhere to their ideology,” Nance told Fox News. “If you’re a conservative woman, prepare to be thrown out of the feminist tent. Their message is that some women will be supported. That some women will be empowered. That some women will [be] trusted. But they don’t support all women and especially those of us who support life.”
Dan Gainor, vice president of business and culture at the Media Research Center, echoed Nance’s comments adding that the recent attacks on Sanders’ looks are “especially offensive.”
“They don’t just attack her for being conservative. They dare to treat her as if she’s not a woman. They blast her clothes and say she dresses like a ‘sister wife,'” Gainor said. “…Chelsea Handler called her a ‘harlot’ with ‘summer whore lipstick.’ And these are women doing this. Imagine the media outrage if conservatives dared to treat a liberal woman with such disgust.”
He added, “Liberals hate anyone who doesn’t side with them.”
Branding and public relations expert Scott Pinsker told Fox News these stars are hurting their brands by attacking Trump’s press secretary.
“An awful lot of women in America look more like Sarah Sanders than the Hollywood starlets who are bashing Trump and his supporters on all the award shows,” Pinsker explained. “If you want to disagree with Ms. Sanders’ political positions, that’s perfectly legitimate, but mocking her for being normal-looking isn’t exactly empowering to women.”
Follow the author of this article, Sasha Savitsky, on Twitter @SashaFB
- Michigan teacher under investigation for assaulting female student over her #WomenForTrump pin
- Chinese scientists play God: First ever pig-monkey hybrids
- Keep your kids far, far away from Lakers games: Obese singer Lizzo twerks in a thong at Staples Center
- Portland, OR to require all new buildings, incl. private homes, provide ‘rest and welcome’ to homeless
- Marvel reveals “transgender” 12-year-old super hero “Mighty Rebekah”
- 2019 ‘Naughty or Nice’ Christmas Shopping List
- Mom slammed for saying “Father Christmas” instead of PC-accepted, “gender neutral” Santa
- Hypocrite Hanoi Jane: While she’s “fighting” for the climate, fundraising platform she partners with promoting travel and car giveaways
- Obama violates Logan Act by undermining Trump administration with foreign governments
- Pure love: Pups welcome home their soldiers!
- Portland, OR to require all new buildings, incl. private homes, provide ‘rest and welcome’ to homeless on
- Keep your kids far, far away from Lakers games: Obese singer Lizzo twerks in a thong at Staples Center on
Most read posts
- Portland, OR to require all new buildings, incl. private homes, provide 'rest and welcome' to homeless 8,031 views
- 2019 'Naughty or Nice' Christmas Shopping List 639 views
- Obama violates Logan Act by undermining Trump administration with foreign governments 321 views
- Keep your kids far, far away from Lakers games: Obese singer Lizzo twerks in a thong at Staples Center 222 views
- Walmart, Amazon and Target are selling book for children as young as 5 to summon demons 186 views
Founded 12-23-2009. Burned down by WordPress 8-15-2018 with 63M hits. Resurrected 8-23-2018. DDOS attacks began 11-10-2018. Massive Spam attacks on 12-3-2018.