You know she just wants to scream this:
NY Post: Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday she does not need to apologize for using a private email account and server while at the State Department because “what I did was allowed.”
In an interview with The Associated Press during a Labor Day campaign swing through Iowa, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination also said the lingering questions about her email practices while serving as President Barack Obama’s first secretary of state have not damaged her campaign.
“Not at all. It’s a distraction, certainly,” Clinton said. “But it hasn’t in any way affected the plan for our campaign, the efforts we’re making to organize here in Iowa and elsewhere in the country. And I still feel very confident about the organization and the message that my campaign is putting out.”
Yet even in calling the inquiry into how she used email as the nation’s top diplomat a distraction, Clinton played down how it has affected her personally as a candidate. “As the person who has been at the center of it, not very much,” Clinton said. “I have worked really hard this summer, sticking to my game plan about how I wanted to sort of reintroduce myself to the American people.”
Part of that includes, Clinton said, answering any questions about her email “in as many different settings as I can.” The one-on-one interview with AP was the second for Clinton in the past four days, after having told NBC News on Friday that her decision not to use separate email accounts for her personal and public business wasn’t the “best choice.”
Clinton did not apologize for her decision when asked directly by NBC, “Are you sorry?” Asked Monday by the AP why she won’t directly apologize, Clinton said: “What I did was allowed. It was allowed by the State Department. The State Department has confirmed that.
“I did not send or receive any information marked classified,” Clinton said. “I take the responsibilities of handling classified materials very seriously and did so.”
Last year, Clinton turned over roughly 55,000 pages of emails to the State Department that she sent and received using a home-brew email server set up at her home in suburban New York while serving as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.
Clinton has said she set up her own system instead of using a State Department account for the convenience of using a single hand-held email device.
The State Department is currently reviewing and publicly releasing those emails, some showing that Clinton received messages that were later determined to contain classified information, including some that contained material regarding the production and dissemination of U.S. intelligence.
“There is always a debate among different agencies about what something should be retroactively (marked classified),” Clinton told the AP on Monday. “But at the time, there were none. So I’m going to keep answering the questions and providing the facts so that people can understand better what happened.”
Last month, Clinton gave the server to the FBI, along with a thumb drive kept by her attorney that contained copies of the emails. “It is not a criminal investigation, it is a security review,” Clinton said. “People are asked to provide any copies of any of these materials that are the subject of the debate. So, I immediately said, ‘turn over everything.’”
Clinton added, “I don’t know anything technical about servers. But I am informed it doesn’t have anything on it. But for safekeeping, turn it over as part of the security review.”
- Pancho Beto wants to legalize marijuana and release people in prison for weed-related crimes, paying them with Drug War Justice Grants
- Seattle and Philadelphia mayors don’t want President Trump taking the lead on homeless
- Dishonest Democrats doing it their way
- SF mayor says President Trump’s remarks on used needles “pouring into the ocean” is ridiculous
- 50 years of doomsday climate-change predictions that didn’t come true
- Chelsea Handler says she needed therapy before interviewing conservatives for her white privilege documentary
- Not held responsible: Murder charges dropped against Chicago teens in shooting
- 3 recent victories in America’s Culture War: abortion, conversion therapy, Drag Queen Story Hour
- Singer Selena Gomez debuts Netflix special, “Living Undocumented”
- 14% of Americans favor a ban on all red hats because of Trump
- Pancho Beto wants to legalize marijuana and release people in prison for weed-related crimes, paying them with Drug War Justice Grants on
- Dishonest Democrats doing it their way on
- Seattle and Philadelphia mayors don’t want President Trump taking the lead on homeless on
- Despicable: Watch human predators prey on elderly woman on
- Dishonest Democrats doing it their way on
Most read posts
- 50 years of doomsday climate-change predictions that didn’t come true 359 views
- Dishonest Democrats doing it their way 89 views
- Seattle and Philadelphia mayors don’t want President Trump taking the lead on homeless 81 views
- Beware of ‘free’ offer from ‘Christian’ Dr. Richard Gerhauser 72 views
- Chelsea Handler says she needed therapy before interviewing conservatives for her white privilege documentary 70 views
Founded 12-23-2009. Burned down by WordPress 8-15-2018 with 63M hits. Resurrected 8-23-2018. DDOS attacks began 11-10-2018. Massive Spam attacks on 12-3-2018.