The Left like to trumpet “Power to the People!” Indeed, the people are seizing power — it’s just not the “people” the Left have in mind.
Did you know that today is the first anniversary of the TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Party Movement?
Last year, on February 27th, the first organized round of tea parties took place across America. An article in Sunday’s Hawaii Free Press chronicles how far we’ve come in just one year. Here’s a partial list of accomplishments:
- It began last summer with ordinary Americans showing up in townhall meetings where they confronted politicans about their failures, out-of-control deficit-spending, and big-government socialist programs.
- Then, in November, 2009, the tea party movement mobilized behind conservative Doug Hoffman in the race for Congress in the NY-23 special election. Hoffman had to run as an Independent because the GOP’s nominee was a RINO named Dede Scozzafava. But tea partiers eventually forced the GOP to pull their support from Scozzafava, who withdrew from the race on the eve of the election.
- Also in November, tea partiers mobilized for Republicans to win the governor’s races in New Jersey and Virginia.
- A high point was reached this January, 2010, when Republican Scott Brown defeated Democrat Martha Coakley to win what had been thought of as the “Ted Kennedy” senate seat in Massachusetts.
- Obamacare has been stalled countless times, as Obama, Pelosi and Reid were forced to put forth deadline after deadline.
- Stopping Congress — thus far — from forcing through the big government, junk-science, anti-capitalist climate Change fraud Cap-n-Trade.
- The forced resignations of prominent politicians who were under fire from the Tea Party Movement and in jeopardy of losing their seats, such as Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-ND) and Chris Dodd (D-Conn).
- Thousands of tea party rallies across American, attracting millions of participants, to challenge the failed political establishments in both the Democrat and Republican parties. Notable highlights include the April 15, 2009 “Tax Day Tea Parties,” the series of Tea Party Express rallies and cross-country tours, culminating in the massive Million Patriots’ March on Washington, D.C., on September 12, 2009.
That’s People Power! Now let’s continue on to throw all the bums out this November!