FCC should clear Limbaugh from airwaves
CNN: Ironically, the misogyny Rush Limbaugh spewed for three days over Sandra Fluke was not much worse than his regular broadcast of sexist, racist and homophobic hate speech:
- Women cabinet members are “Sex-retaries.”
- “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”
- The National Organization for Women is “a bunch of whores to liberalism.”
- [Said to an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”
These are just a few samples from the arsenal of degrading language Limbaugh deploys on women, people of color, lesbians and gays, immigrants, the disabled, the elderly, Muslims, Jews, veterans, environmentalists and so forth.
This isn’t political. While we disagree with Limbaugh’s politics, what’s at stake is the fallout of a society tolerating toxic, hate-inciting speech. For 20 years, Limbaugh has hidden behind the First Amendment, or else claimed he’s really “doing humor” or “entertainment.” He is indeed constitutionally entitled to his opinions, but he is not constitutionally entitled to the people’s airways.
Blah, blah, blah. Read the rest here.
This is not political? Did these women speak out about these comments?
- Keith Olbermann calls Michelle Malkin a lipstick meatbag
- Bill Maher calls Sarah Palin a “dumb t*at”
- Ed Schulz calls Laura Ingraham a right-wing slut
- Sandra Bernhard issues “gang rape” warning to Sarah Palin
- Sly Sylvester (talk show host) said “…I had heard at one point Rebecca Kleefisch (Republican Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin) pulled a train, but that must have been a different story I was reading about.”
- David Letterman calls Sarah Palin a slut
- Keith Olbermann implied that female conservative commentator S. E. Cupp should never have been born
- Jimmy Fallon’s drummer played “Bit*ch” song during Michele Bachmann’s appearance on his show (ABC called it “quite the trick”)
- Cloris Leachman calls Sarah Palin a slut on the Wendy Williams show
Like I said, double standards. If it wasn’t for those, liberals wouldn’t have any standards at all.