This would be a Tuesday Funny post, it the matter weren’t so ridiculous and distressing.
The Parkland school shooting and the March For Our Lives protests — the DC permit application for which was made months before the march (see here and here) — has whipped up Americans into a gun-control hysteria. As an example, police were called to a high school in Oberlin, Louisiana, because some students thought the square-root symbol resembles a gun.
But a year before March For Our Lives, Oregonians had already gone loopy over imagined assault weapons.
On April 25, 2017, Oregon’s Newport Police Department received a report of a cat in a tree armed with an assault rifle.
I kid you not.
The Newport Police posted about it on their Facebook page:
Reports of an armed cat this morning were unfounded. The feline was contacted by our canine and was determined to be in…
Liberalism really is a mental disorder, verging on psychosis.
H/t FOTM‘s Anon
- Supreme Court ruled in 2008 that Second Amendment applies to individuals, not militias, and may include military weapons
- Democrat sheriff candidate Daryl Fisher ‘jokes’ about killing legal gun owners if they resist confiscation
- Retired Supreme Court Justice Stevens calls for repeal of Second Amendment
- Nearly half of all Democrats want to ban hand guns
- Protestors say ban assault weapons . . . whatever they are
- Oregon gun initiative would force surrender of ‘assault weapons’ or register them with the state police
- Illinois State Assembly approves gun confiscation bill