Yesterday evening, a Defense Department official told Fox News that:
- The first 100 active-duty troops of Operation Faithful Patriot had arrived at the U.S.-Mexican border at a port of entry in McAllen, Texas to provide support for Border Patrol agents.
- There are about 2,600 troops now at staging bases, largely in Texas.
- Several thousand more troops are expected to flow in through the weekend and move into California and Arizona.
The Pentagon said more than 7,000 active-duty troops are being sent to the southern border, with more possible. President Trump said the number could reach 15,000, which is the equivalent of nearly an entire military division. A divisional unit in the U.S. Army typically consists of 17,000 to 21,000 soldiers.
There are about 1.3 million active-duty service members in the U.S. armed forces.
And as Air Force Gen. Terrence J. O’Shaughnessy, who as head of U.S. Northern Command is leading Operation Faithful Patriot, said in a press conference on October 29, the troops that are deployed to the border will be armed.
Also yesterday, in a speech on immigration, President Trump, as Commander In Chief, gave the military mobilizing at the border permission to use lethal force. He said that if “migrants” try to throw rocks at soldiers, they should act as though the rocks are “rifles”.
Trump also said he will sign an executive order sometime next week which would ban migrants from claiming asylum if they cross the border illegally. “Migrants” claiming political asylum would not be let into the U.S., but would be held in vast tent cities.
Operation Faithful Patriot is set to last only 45 days.
Below is a video of hundreds of military vehicles being transported to the border (h/t Kal ©):
- ‘Caravan migrants’ set fire to Mexican immigration facility, as Independent voters and FoxNews express sympathy
- Operation Faithful Patriot: more than 5,200 U.S. troops deployed to secure US-Mexico border will be armed
- Shocking video of second ‘migrant caravan’ tearing down Mexico-Guatemala border fence; one invader killed
- Thousands of ‘migrant caravan’ invaders break through Mexico border fence – Video
- ‘Caravan migrants’ turn down offer to stay in Mexico. Bishop says God will reward those who help the invasion
- Texas Border Patrol begs for help, besieged by ‘migrant caravan’ advance mob. Troops deployed at border?
- Central American ‘caravan’ invaders are in Mexico, now number more than 9,000
- Who’s behind the ‘migrant caravan’ invasion? – George Soros and the telltale Star of David
- CA Catholic church to install hideous 40-ft $2M statue of Mary to welcome illegal border-crossers and refugees
- 144 House Democrats approve of illegal aliens voting in U.S. elections
Update (Nov. 3):
An intriguing email from my friend, John Molloy, Chairman of the Coalition of Vietnam and Gulf War Veterans, who is at a conference in Arlington, Virginia:
I am at the Hyatt Regency in Arlington Virginia at the conference but the Marine Corps is having its 243rd anniversary celebration in the same location. However the Marine Corps birthday is actually November 10th. I asked a few Marine officers why they’re celebrating on November 3rd are they deploying next week and I just got a few grins who knows?
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!