On August 9, 2014, a white police officer named Darren Wilson shot dead an unarmed 18-year-old black man named Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. The shooting led to days and nights of rioting and looting .
In time, more information came out, giving a different version of what we first had been told:
- Instead of Brown being a hapless gentle innocent “teen,” he was a giant at 6′ 4″ and 300 lbs who had strong-arm robbed a nearby convenience store just minutes before his fatal encounter with Officer Wilson.
- Instead of Brown being shot in the back, autopsy results show he was shot in the front in areas of his body which point to him charging at Wilson.
- What evidence we have indicates Brown was shot 6 times, instead of 11 times heard in an audio broadcast by CNN on Aug. 26, 2014 without first verifying the audio’s authenticity. The next day, CNN retreated from the audio after two law enforcement experts stated the audio to be a hoax.
- Instead of Officer Wilson being the unprovoked aggressor, it was Brown who first attacked Wilson.
On August 19, it was first reported that Wilson had suffered an “orbital blowout fracture” to his eye socket from Brown’s attack. (See Steve’s post here.)
Now, a photo (below) alleged to be of Darren Wilson with eye and facial injuries has gone viral. But the photo is NOT of Wilson, but of a man named Jim McNeil. (A big h/t to FOTM’s Steve)
Despite the photo hoax, CNN is reporting that Darren Wilson did sustain injuries to his face from his encounter with hulking Brown.
Jason Howerton reports for CNN, Aug. 21, 2014, that “an anonymous source close to the investigation” said Officer Darren Wilson did not suffer a fractured eye socket prior to fatally shooting 18-year-old Michael Brown. The anonymous source’s claim therefore “directly contradicts a recent Fox News story” that had also cited an anonymous source “close to the [police] department’s top brass.”
The Fox News report cited the anonymous source claiming that Wilson was beaten nearly unconscious and suffered a fractured orbital bone prior to the shooting. The source also said there is “solid proof” that a violent altercation occurred before Brown was shot.
At the same time as CNN saying that Wilson’s X-ray “came back negative for a fracture to his orbital bone,” CNN nevertheless admits that Wilson had gone to the hospital after the shooting incident with “swelling around his face and eyes.”
CNN reader GeoCk says it the best:
I see… So if the officer was beaten severely, and has a broken orbital bone, the shooting is justified? But if the injury is only to soft tissue, then the shooting is NOT justified? I am so tired of biased reporting. The main stream media keeps reporting the autopsy results, headlining “he was shot SIX times!” Without emphasizing that he was shot, from the front, four times in the arm and shoulder, and twice in the head, in a pattern that shows that he was coming towards the officer in an aggressive manner? It’s obvious they want the rioting, they want this to be a racial issue, they want to distract from the miserable failure that is progressive leadership. It makes me sick, and I’ve lost hope that the people in this country will ever wake up and see that they are being manipulated
CNN was the first to make public Officer Wilson’s address and, in so doing, endanger the safety of Wilson and his family (they went into hiding).
On Aug. 15, 2014, after Ferguson police chief Jackson released Darren Wilson’s name, CNN broadcast a report that very day showing Wilson’s house, including the street number. In the video report, CNN reporter Ed Lavandera is seen walking in the street where Wilson lives. The CNN video shows a wide view of Wilson’s house and then pans around the street to show its relative position in the neighborhood. While Lavandera does not name the street, he gives its approximate location.
John Nolte of Breitbart points out that this is the second time CNN has been irresponsible with their reporting. Using unintelligible audio of George Zimmerman’s 911 call, CNN falsely claimed Zimmerman had described Trayvon Martin as a “fucking coon” before fatally shooting the teenager. Even after it was proven Zimmerman didn’t use the racial slur (Zimmerman said it was “fucking cold” that night), CNN continued to lie to its audience, insisting Zimmerman had said the racial epithet.
- Obama has DHS agents in Ferguson; pays protesters to justify martial law
- Marine veteran requires brain surgery from assault by 20 blacks angry about Ferguson
- Only 1 in 10 Americans think race relations have improved under Obama