I quite Facebook over a year ago and don’t miss it one bit. And I stay far, far away from Google.
NY Post: US regulators rejected an effort on Friday to force Google, Facebook and other popular websites to honor “Do Not Track” requests from users, in a setback for digital privacy advocates. The FCC dismissed a petition that would have required Internet giants to let consumers opt out of having their online activity tracked.
The FCC said it “has been unequivocal in declaring that it has no intent to regulate edge providers,” or companies that provide content and services over the Internet. Yet you have to wonder what their (the government’s) true intentions are given that they must be aware of Facebook’s policy which allows third parties (themselves) like the CIA, FBI, NSA etc. to collect information from your computer, phones and other devices where you access Facebook.
You would think that you could submit a “Do Not Track” request to tell a website not to collect information and some web sites do honor “Do Not Track” requests, but doing so is largely voluntary.
The Consumer Watchdog group is on top of this fight. “It’s outrageous that users of Google and Facebook, which has a billion users, won’t have the same online privacy protections as AT&T and Verizon,” Jamie Court, president of Consumer Watchdog, told Reuters. Court said his group may file for reconsideration before the FCC, and that it would continue to seek Do Not Track legislation in Congress.
As the government’s top consumer protection body, you’d think the FCC would protect consumer rights. Yet it’s apparent that Facebook and Google are working with the government to massively spy on American and foreign citizens.
- Facebook is censoring FOTM’s post on gun control
- Facebook ‘illegally’ tracks all visitors to its site even if they do not have accounts
- Facebook locks page of 12-year-old black boy who says Obama hates America
- New Facebook policy allows government to collect info on you
- Big Brother on Facebook: Facial recognition on all those photos of yourself
- Google’s deep CIA and NSA connections
- Facebook CEO admits to calling users “dumb fucks”
- NSA pretends to be Facebook to spy on the world
- Facebook emotional experiment linked to Pentagon research on civil unrest
- Facebook bans gun owners, allows kitten torture video
- Facebook & Google are CIA fronts
- How the NSA & FBI made Facebook the perfect mass surveillance tool
- Facebook now offers 58 gender choices
- Apple, Google, Facebook Censor Christians