Early this morning, actor Jussie Smollett, 36, turned himself in to Chicago police after he was charged with a felony for lying to police when he claimed to be the victim of a racist and homophobic attack. Detectives had earlier contacted the actor’s attorneys to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest.
Smollett, who is due in court for a bond hearing at 1:30 p.m. today, could face probation or up to three years in prison if convicted, a Cook County State’s Attorney office spokeswoman told NBC Chicago. (Page Six)
Smollett, best known for the Fox TV show Empire, is both black and “gay”.
Smollett told police that on January 29, at around 1:30 a.m., he was accosted by two men in downtown Chicago who shouted racist and homophobic slurs, beat him up, poured bleach on him, wrapped a noose around his neck, and warned him that “This is MAGA country!”– a reference to President Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan.
Over the past 20 or so days, however, Smollett’s story has completely fallen apart (Breitbart):
- Police sources said the rope wrapped around Smollett’s neck was traced back to a purchase made by Smollett himself.
- According to CBS Chicago, Smollett paid $3500 to two Nigerian brothers, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, who are also black, to stage a racist and homophobic attack on him.
- A search of the brothers’ apartment turned up bleach, a red hat, and a script from Smollett’s TV show Empire. One was an extra on Empire; the other was Smollett’s former personal trainer. The brothers are cooperating with police. They told detectives they and Smollett had rehearsed the attack days prior to it happening.
- The two brothers also told police Smollett was behind creating a racist letter that was sent to the actor on the set of Empire. When that letter did not get a “bigger reaction,” Smollett orchestrated the phony assault with the two men a week later. (Townhall)
At a press conference today, Chicago police superintendent Eddie Johnson said “The stunt was orchestrated by Smollett because he was dissatisfied by his salary.” Johnson said as a black man who’s grown up in Chicago, he’s “offended” and “angry” with Smollett taking advantage of the pain and anger and racism to promote his career:
“I’m left hanging my head and asking why? Why would anyone, especially an African-American man, use the symbolism of a noose to make false accusations? How could someone look at the hatred and suffering associated with that symbol and see an opportunity to manipulate that symbol to further his own public profile?” (Page Six)
According to Wikipedia, Smollett’s first name is Justin, but prefers Jussie. He is bi-racial: His father was Jewish, whose family emigrated from Russia and Poland; Smollett’s mother is African-American.
In 2017 in Los Angeles, Smollett pleaded no contest to providing false information to law enforcement when he gave police a false name at a DUI stop.
Sharp-eyed FOTM reader Maryaha draws our attention to the similar appearances of Jojo Smollett — Jussie’s brother, also an actor — and the man next to Obama dressed as the Baphomet. Here are the side-by-side pics:
See also these other fake hate-crimes:
- Fake Hate Crime: Black man scrawled ‘KKK’ graffiti at Eastern Michigan U.
- Fake Hate Crime: Surveillance camera catches black man in ‘white racist’ arson of family market
- Fake Anti-Semitism: Dual US-Israeli citizen Michael Kadar indicted for anti-Semitic hate crimes
- Fake Anti-Semitism: Dual US-Israeli citizens made bomb threats against Jewish groups
- Fake hate crime: White supremacist who drew swastikas on Manhattan doors is a black man
- Fake Terrorist: ISIS jihadist calling for attacks on U.S. & Australia is a Jew who lived with his parents in Florida
- Fake anti-Muslim hate-crime: Indiana State U. fires professor for lying about being a victim
- Fake Anti-Semitism: Black-racist Bernie-voter made bomb threats to Jewish groups to make ex-girlfriend look bad
- Fake Hate-Crime: Anti-Trump homosexual, posing as pro-Trump Nazi, vandalized Indiana church
- Fake Hate Crime: Ohio University lesbian student arrested for sending death threats to herself
Update (March 8, 2019):
Grand jury returns 16 felony counts against Jussie Smollett (CWB Chicago).
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!