And the sympathy from the progressives is so heart-warming…
Duggar Family Miscarriage: ‘My Heart Broke, But God is Giver of Life,’ Says Mother
Christian Post: The Duggar family, from TLC’s reality television show, suffered a great loss this week as the mother of 19 Michelle Duggar has miscarried. The mother of the large family found out Thursday that her pregnancy with her 20th child had failed when no heartbeat was detected during a routine doctor’s appointment.
Currently the family, which now includes two grandchildren, is coping with the loss of the unborn family member. According to the American Pregnancy Association, miscarriages often take more time to recover from emotionally than the actual physical recovery a mother must make.
The Duggars are reportedly going to pick a name and hold a service for the unborn baby after finding out the child’s gender.
Speaking to People magazine, the mother and star on TLC’s reality series, “19 Kids and Counting,” opened up about the sad news. “We had just been talking about baby names last night and they were getting excited about naming a boy or girl. It has been a real sad disappointment,” said Michelle. The mother of 19 continued, “I feel like my heart broke telling my children, they have all been so excited,” but Michelle added that her faith will help get her family through it. “The Lord is the giver of life and He can choose when that life is ready to go on and be with Him,” said Michelle.
Jim Bob and Michelle, who identify as Christians, had suffered a previous miscarriage while Michelle was taking birth control. The couple cites it as the reason they have decided to leave the number of children they have “up to God.” “As conservative Christians, we believe every life is sacred, even the life of the unborn. Due to our lack of knowledge, we destroyed the precious life of our unborn child,” wrote the Duggar family on their website.
And how did proggies react to this news? As expected. Here’s a few choice comments from Huffington Post (not all were terrible, BTW):
- Does anyone actually believe this couple would have 19 children if it were not profitable? Time to read the handwriting on the wall & realize God is trying to tell you something.
- How much do you want to bet these two selfish people will try to bring another life into this all ready overcrowded world. It’s really sick to use your children for attention seeking and that is why they keep popping them out like a pop tart. I’m stoked she lost this baby, maybe now she will realized it’s not a goddamn game.
- We have enough children on this planet as it is. Until we perfect cloning, we will not have enough resources.
- One less child for Michelle’s kids to raise. I bet they’re secretly relieved.
- This family having one less kid to brainwash is the opposite of a bad thing, as cold as that sounds.
- She should be fined for ‘uterus abuse’.
Big families were not unusual in the past. My father is one sibling of over a dozen children (one child died at birth). Today, big families are not so common. No matter whether you believe in their choice to have so many children, it is still terrible that this woman suffered a miscarriage. Prayers for the loss of their child.