Giorgi Berejiani lived with his best friend, a black-and-white dog named Jorgé, in Tbilisi in the former Soviet republic of Georgia.
Three years ago, in 2015, Jorgé went missing.
Berejiani looked all over for Jorgé, in vain.
He asked his neighbors and friends to keep an eye out for the dog. And as the days turned to months and the months into years, Berejiani never gave up hope.
In October 2018, staffers at a business in town who knew about the missing dog, spotted a stray who fit the description of Jorgé and contacted Berejiani right away.
Berejiani rushed to the spot, and saw a black-and-white dog on the busy street curled up next to a tree.
As he approached the dog, Giorgi called out: “Jorgé! Jorgé!”.
Watch their reunion . . . .
No one knows how Jorgé managed to survive all those years on the street.
Berejiani said: “I’m so glad. I have never seen him so happy.”
H/t The Dodo
- Deaf & blind 20 y.o. cat lost for 3 months is reunited with owner
- Lost parakeet returned after he gave police his home address
- Cat walks 200 miles for 2 months to return home
- Dog taken by car thief finds her way back home
- Homeless dog saves life of 3-year-old girl
- Homeless pup brings gifts to woman who feeds him
- Shelter dog gets forever home by making his bed every day
- Homeless dog brings friend to rescuer
- Animal altruism: Why homeless cat would only accept kibbles in a plastic bag
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!