Animals never cease to amaze me with their intelligence.
Banu Cengiz is a pharmacist in Turkey.
Cengiz is also a very kind woman.
Her dog is a rescue. She also maintains a little sanctuary in front of her pharmacy, providing food, water and pads to sleep on for the homeless dogs in the neigborhood.
One day in June 2019, Cengiz was at work in the pharmacy when she noticed a dog outside, standing expectantly at the door.
Cengiz told The Dodo: “”She was looking at me. I said, ‘Baby, is there a problem?'”
The pharmacist took the dog inside and realized the pup was bleeding from a small cut on her right front paw.
The dog was asking for help!
Cengiz cleaned the pup’s wound with antiseptic and, when the bleeding stopped, gave her antibiotics. All the while, the dog appeared to understand Cengiz’s good intentions, acting like the perfect patient.
For the remainder of the day, the dog stayed inside the pharmacy, where she had food, water, and the use of a dog bed.
By closing time, the dog was well enough, and left.
Cengiz said: “Unfortunately, I couldn’t take her home. I’ve been dealing with street animals for years. I feed them and heal them, and help them find homes when I can.”
For a video of Cengiz treating the dog’s paw, go to her Twitter.
See these other animals asking humans for help:
- Mother goose asks police officer to rescue her baby
- Wounded elephant asks humans for help
- Smart crow asks for water
- Chihuahua found help for elderly owner who fell and couldn’t get up for 5 hours
- Stray dogs ask human to save their friend who fell into a pool
- Animal altruism: Dog found help for friend stuck for a week in a ravine
- Homeless dog brings friend to rescuer
- Animals thank humans for rescuing them