A brave dachshund named Miley sacrificed her life, protecting a one-year-old infant from being bitten by a cobra.
Manila Bulletin reports that on July 19, 2019, in Barangay Lanao, Philippines, two dachshunds fought off a cobra that tried to attack their owner, fast food manager Jaim Selim’s one-year old son.
Footage taken from a closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera in Selim’s residence showed the two dogs battling the cobra, which had managed to enter the house. The more the cobra got bitten by the dogs, the stronger it got, spewing out venom.
Miley, who fought the snake the hardest, absorbed most of the venomous attacks and died minutes later.
But Miley didn’t die in vain, as the dachshunds successfully killed the cobra.
Although the other dachshund was hit in the eys with the cobra’s venom, Selim immediately brought the dog to a veterinarian for treatment, and the dog survived.
See also these other heroic creatures without sin:
- Puppy ‘took the bullet’ to protect woman from rattlesnake
- Family dog shot as she leapt to defend family being held at gunpoint during home invasion
- Dog uses own body to keep toddler alive in Siberian cold
- Blind dog, Norman, rescues drowning girl
- 7 animals who saved humans