Covington High School student suing CNN for over $250 million

I hope they pay big time.

From Fox News: CNN is likely to be hit with a massive lawsuit worth more than $250 million over alleged “vicious” and “direct attacks” on Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann, his lawyer has told Fox News.

Lawyer L. Lin Wood discussed his decision to sue CNN for its reporting and coverage of his client during an interview that will air on Fox News Channel’s “Life, Liberty & Levin” on Sunday at 10 p.m. ET.

CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” Wood told Fox News host and best-selling author Mark Levin.

“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false.”

“Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him.”

Wood continued: “The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out. … They’re out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days. Why didn’t they stop and just take an hour and look through the Internet and find the truth and then report it? Maybe do that before you report the lies.”

Wood then detailed the timing of the suit, saying it will be issued “Monday, Tuesday at the latest.”

“I’ve got some young, smart lawyers that are working hard as we can,” he told Levin. “Double-checking, and listen, when we file complaints, we’ve investigated it because we want to get it right. Maybe CNN can learn from that.”
Fox News has reached out to CNN representatives for comment on the pending litigation.

Wood filed suit last month against The Washington Post. The suit calls for $250 million in compensatory and punitive damages over the paper’s coverage of the confrontation, an encounter that went viral on social media. He told Fox News that the claim against CNN is apt to be even higher.

“I expect because of the way they went after Nicholas so viciously, that the claim for his reputational damage will be higher than it was against The Washington Post,” the veteran attorney said.

“The Post was $50 million for the reputational damage … $200 million in punitive damages — punitive damages are designed to punish and to deter. I would think the punitive-damage award against CNN that we’ll seek will be at least the same $200 million as it was against The Washington Post. But the compensatory damage to Nicholas’s reputation, that number I expect will be higher.”

The lawsuit against The Washington Post accused that outlet of practicing “a modern-day form of McCarthyism” by targeting Sandmann and “using its vast financial resources to enter the bully pulpit by publishing a series of false and defamatory print and online articles … to smear a young boy who was, in its view, an acceptable casualty in their war against the president.”

Several days ago, The Post published an editor’s note admitting that subsequent information either contradicted or failed to confirm accounts relayed in its initial article. The editor’s note was not satisfactory to Sandmann’s legal team.

Read the whole story here.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Rate this post

Please follow and like us:
0
 

10
Leave a Reply

avatar
10 Comment authors
CalGirlMarkyMarkTrailDustStarz Barz n A RzYouKnowWho Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Dr. Eowyn
Admin

Good!!!
The only thing these media jackals understand are massive lawsuits.
So glad Nick Sandmann’s parents are fighting back. Conservatives should take note.

Alma
Guest
Alma

IT will take some time between litigation and final $ettlement to be reached by the parents/Nick Sandmann and big biased CNN. Nick’s parents and his upbringing is what many of the homes in America are missing today. Despite of the closeness and the man touting the young boy, Nick never shouted a derrogative word neither made a gesture with his hand, he stood his ground in front of a crowd. I admire Nick’s parents for his great upbringing and I respect this young man because he’ll grow up to be a solid man. And I am happy because CNN will… Read more »

Jackie Puppet
Member
Jackie Puppet

I hope they sue for much more. Hit ’em where it hurts! That’s the only way they’ll understand. A strong message needs to be sent to MSM saying this won’t be tolerated any longer.

Ron W
Guest
Ron W

CNN and other media corporations like the Washingtin Post were graciously given notification and ample time to repent and retract their erroneous reporting, but DID NOT!! These will acts of refusal to correct themselves should certainly be taken by the courts making it more certain that they are convicted.

Starz Barz n A Rz
Guest
Starz Barz n A Rz

Sue the libtard bastards into the dirt, then sue them for the dirt…lol!

TrailDust
Admin

“Bada ba ba bah, I’m lovin’ it!” (Sorry McDonalds, I couldn’t resist.)

MarkyMark
Guest
MarkyMark

Take ’em down, buddy!

CalGirl
Guest
CalGirl

Nobody sits up and pays attention until you hit them in the pocketbook…or, inconvenience “their” time. Ask a teacher….it starts with the parents…who only respond to these conditions….and continues with their offspring who take up their mantel in school and then into their adulthoods to continue the cycle in business or otherwise. I find it humorous that this lawsuit against CNN is the purchase price recently paid for CNN access….so, giving a solid example for “Sue them for all they are worth.”