Congressional Reform Act of 2010
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned a citizen legislature. So serve your term(s), then go home and back to your lives as private citizens.
1. Term Limits: 12 years only, one of the possible options below:
A. Two Six year Senate terms
B. Six Two year House terms
C. One Six year Senate term and three Two Year House terms
2. No Tenure / No Pension:
A congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security:
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund moves to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system. Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan just as all Americans.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
7. Congress must equally abide in all laws they impose on the American people.
8. All contracts with past and present members of Congress are void effective 1/1/11. The American people did not make this contract with Congress; Congress made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, not lifetime professional politicians. Serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.