Too busy planning her move to rip up her copy of President Trump’s speech…
Too busy planning her move to rip up her copy of President Trump’s speech…
There is so much news and information on this demon Wuhan virus, I decided the best thing to do is this page with links to sources, instead of writing individual posts.
This page contains two groups of news/information:
Links will continuously be added to both groups, with the newest links added to the bottom of each list. Just click the blue-colored embedded links and you’ll be brought to the source. I invite my fellow FOTM writers to add links to this page as well, including links to your virus-related posts.
This page will have a “sticky,” which means it will be the first post you see when you access FOTM‘s home page. I suggest you bookmark this page.
Please pray for President Trump, for America, and for each other,
Brothers and sisters:
Since we have been justified by faith,
we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
through whom we have gained access by faith
to this grace in which we stand,
and we boast in hope of the glory of God.
And hope does not disappoint,
because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts
through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
For Christ, while we were still helpless,
died at the appointed time for the ungodly.
Indeed, only with difficulty does one die for a just person,
though perhaps for a good person one might even find courage to die.
But God proves his love for us
in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.
President Trump has declared today, Sunday, March 15, 2020, to be a National Day of Prayer. Here is his tweet:
It is my great honor to declare Sunday, March 15th as a National Day of Prayer. We are a Country that, throughout our history, has looked to God for protection and strength in times like these.
No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn towards prayer in an act of faith. Together, we will easily PREVAIL!
On Friday, March 13, President Trump also declared a national state of emergency due to the Wuhan coronavirus-induced respiratory illness, COVID-19.
In so doing, Trump has freed up to $50 billion in federal funding to federal, state and local governments attempting to combat COVID-19, as well as enabling the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to mobilize personnel more quickly to help state and local agencies and leaders.
Trump also said and urged the following:
Meanwhile, yesterday evening, White House physician Dr. Sean Conley said President Trump has tested negative for COVID-19. Dr. Conley said in a press release:
Last night after an in-depth discussion with the President regrading COVID-19 testing, he elected to proceed. This evening I received confirmation that the test is negative.
One week after having dinner with the Brazilian delegation in Mar-a-Lago, the President remains symptom-free. I have been in daily contact with the CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] and White House Coronavirus Task Force, and we are encouraging the implementation of all their best practices for exposure reduction and transmission mitigation.
Please pray for our President.
Please pray for America.
Click here for an article on how to live our life in the age of coronavirus.
May the love and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you,
The current coronavirus is misnamed because it is not specific enough. Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause respiratory tract infections. Coronaviruses include the common cold, the seasonal flu virus, and rarer forms such as SARS, MERS, and the current virus wreaking havoc around the world. That virus originated in China, in the city of Wuhan.
Note: SARS-CoV (Severe Acute Respirtory Syndrome-CoronaVirus) had also originated in China — in southern China in 2002.
The medical name for the current coronavirus is SARS-CoV-2.
The disease caused by SARS-CoV-2 is named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
On Wednesday night, March 11, once again President Trump spoke to the nation about what the federal government is doing about the Wuhan coronavirus.
MSM jackals, especially CNN, seized on Trump calling the virus the Wuhan virus, and accused him of racism.
Why is that racist?
Did you know that MERS that first broke out in June 2012 in Saudi Arabia refers to Middle East Respiratory Syndrome?
Why is it okay to call MERS the “Middle East” coronavirus, but it’s racist to call the current coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China the Wuhan or Chinese coronavirus?
To top it off, the very same MSM jackals who are accusing Trump of racism themselves had referred to the virus as the Wuhan coronavirus! — which makes them, by their own yardstick, rank racists.
Here’s the evidence:
Yesterday I avoided reading news websites that I normally view for blog posts. I avoided checking the stock market. I checked my Twitchy app headlines and saw the normal bi-partisan hyperbole, especially after President Trump gave his speech last night on the Wuhan Virus. Heaven forbid, he mentioned it originated in China so now he’s being called a xenophobe, racist, etc., etc.
The progressive media will NOT abandon their hysterics and politics for ONE minute. They have only ONE agenda. But you can spend some time this morning abandoning THEM.
I decided to check out some Twitter timelines of a few of my favorites and came upon this tweet by Mollie Hemingway: “A Christian Attitude in Times of Widespread Sickness and Rumor of Death.”
From the post: “When sickness and death test the foundation of Christian trust in God’s mercy, the Scriptures teach a four-fold attitude of faith, prayer, compassion, and mercy.”
The post is a quick read and includes the following excerpts:
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
“Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.”
“Once our hearts have been set at peace, we can consider how to best serve our neighbors. There is a two-fold danger of recklessness on the one hand and debilitating fear on the other. The Christian avoids both by faith.”
Read the whole post here.
Faith, prayer, compassion and mercy are very much needed today.
Ignore the media, news, Twitter and take a deep breath. And remember that we are all in this together. With prayer and calm heads this too shall pass and together we can weather the storm.
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!
While Democrats and the complicit media carp and use the coronavirus as a weapon to take down President Trump, this is what his administration is doing about the epidemic.
Shockingly, I couldn’t find a list of what Trump has done, not even on the WhiteHouse.gov website. I compiled the following list from searching online:
(1) On January 29, 2020, President Trump donated his paychecks from the last quarter of 2019, totaling $100,000, entirely to combating coronavirus.
(2) On January 31, 2020, President Trump issued an order banning foreign nationals (other than immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents) who have traveled in China in the last 14 days from entering the United States. American citizens returning the U.S. from areas in China, such as the epicenter Wuhan, where they may have been exposed to the virus will be quarantined, while those coming from the rest of China will be screened for the virus. (Western Journal)
(3) On February 6, 2020, the Department of Defense announced in a press release that in addition to five locations already providing housing to quarantined Americans who have fled Wuhan and Hubei province in China where the virus originated, the DOD identified nine other military installations that can provide housing for quarantined passengers traveling to the U.S. through 11 major airports screening for the coronavirus from China. (Military Times)
(4) On Februry 6, 2020, The White House asked U.S. scientists and medical researchers to investigate the scientific origins of the novel coronavirus, including whether it was engineered as a bio-weapon. (ABC News)
(5) Trump had barred Americans on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan who had tested positive for coronavirus from returning to the Unites States. On February 22, 2020, however, Trump was taken by surprise and reportedly “furious” that a State Department official in Japan — Ian Brownlee, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs — overrode the president’s directive by allowing the 14 infected Americans to return to the U.S. (New York Times)
(6) On February 25, 2020, President Trump asked Congress for $2.5 billion — half new money, half repurposed from other efforts — to battle the spread of the coronavirus. According to a person familiar with the matter, more than $1 billion of the money would be dedicated to creating a vaccine; other parts of the request would be put toward stockpiling protective masks and therapeutic programs. Democrats rejected the request, saying existing money shouldn’t be used to fight the coronavirus, and pledged a funding package of their own. (Bloomberg)
(7) On February 26, 2020, President Trump addressed the nation about coronavirus and appointed Vice President Mike Pence to lead a task force to combat the spread of the coronavirus. (Politico)
(8) On March 5, 2020, VP Pence said the coronavirus test is eligible for coverage and treatment under Medicare and Medicaid as an “essential health benefit” and will also be covered by all private insurance. In addition, all 8,000 inspectors at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will focus their inspection efforts at nursing homes nationwide “to ensure seniors at nursing homes are as safe as possible from the spread of the coronavirus.” Seniors — those age 60 and over — are most vulnerable to this coronavirus. (Med Page Today)
(9) On March 6, 2020, President Trump signed an $8.3 billion funding bill to combat coronavirus and support local responders.
(10) On March 10, 2020, Trump and Pence met with executives from America’s largest health insurance companies and secured their agreement to waive all copays on coronavirus testing and extend coverage for coronavirus treatment in all of their benefit plans. The private insurersalso agreed to cover telemedicine services, which will allow all patients—particularly among the vulnerable senior population—to be treated without feeling the need to go to a hospital or doctor’s office.
(11) On March 10, 2020, President Trump proposed to Congress an economic stimulus plan of small business loans and payroll tax cuts of a 0% payroll tax rate to ensure workers are “not going to miss a paycheck” and “get penalized for something [coronavirus] that’s not their fault”. But his proposal was met with bipartisan resistance. (Houston Chronicle)
Click here for the CDC’s very useful Q&A on coronavirus and COVID-19.