On January 18, 2019, a deceptively-edited video posted to social media ignited a media-driven public lynching of a group of teenage boys from the all-male Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Kentucky.
That day, the boys, wearing red Make America Great Again (MAGA) hats and sweatshirts, participated in the March for Life in Washington, DC. The video shows the boys surrounding, laughing and jeering at an elderly Native American man singing and playing a drum, who is identified as Nathan Phillips, an Omaha elder and Vietnam veteran.
Wiping away tears, Phillips said: “When I was there singing, I heard them [Covington boys] saying ‘Build that wall, build that wall’. This is indigenous lands. We’re not supposed to have walls here. We never did.” (WDBJ7.com)
The Covington boys were roundly denounced by media outlets and their hometown mayor. The Covington Catholic School, Diocese and Archdiocese issued abject apologies and condemnation of the students.
It turns out the full video of the incident shows an entirely different version of what happened.
Instead of the Covington boys harassing Phillips, it was Phillips and a group of fellow Native American activists who approached the boys who were doing school cheers. (The March for Life coincided with an Indigenous People’s Rally.)
As you can see in the video below, posted to YouTube on January 18, the day of the incident, Phillips tests several of the boys, then targets one of them (0:58 mark). Chanting, Phillips gets in the boy’s face with a metal drumstick and drum. Another Native American man tells one of the students, “White people go back to Europe. This is not your land.”
It got worse.
One of the Covington students told the Gateway Pundit that they were waiting for their school bus and doing school cheers when four Black Israelites got belligerent with them: “We were standing there when a group of four African Americans started calling us ‘crackers’ and ‘school shooters’” and told one of the Covington students, who is black, that “we will harvest his organs” when he gets older.
Although the full video of the incident was posted to Facebook on January 18, the truth didn’t stop the media lynching. Nor did the truth stop Jack Morrissey, a Hollywood producer of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast and two Twilight Saga movies that romanticize blood-sucking soul-less vampires, from calling for the murder of the Covington boys in a tweet on January 19, 2019, saying the boys should be put “screaming, hats first, into the woodchipper.”
Unlike too many conservatives and Christians who don’t fight back against the media’s bullying and defamation, the parents of one of the Covington boys, Nick Sandmann, decided to do something.
In March 2019, Sandmann’s attorney L. Lin Wood filed defamation lawsuits against CNN and the Washington Post for $250 million each, followed by a lawsuit in May against NBC Universal for $275 million.
Now, CNN has settled the lawsuit with Sandmann, which effectively is an admission of guilt from CNN.
Mike Brest reports for the Washington Examiner, Jan. 7, 2020, that the amount of CNN’s settlement remains unknown, but a CNN representative confirmed the suit’s resolution to the Washington Examiner.
The suit against CNN, which was filed last March, addressed four television broadcasts and nine articles specifically, claiming that they contain statements toward or about Sandmann that are defamatory. It sought $75 million for harm to Sandmann’s reputation and $200 million in punitive damages.
The suit read: “The CNN accusations are totally and unequivocally false and CNN would have known them to be untrue had it undertaken any reasonable efforts to verify their accuracy before publication of its false and defamatory accusations.”
Sandmann’s attorney, Lin Wood, told Fox News’s Mark Levin last year that CNN “was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than the Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” adding that the network “couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him.”
I heard on Rush Limbaugh today that NBC and Washington Post will also settle their lawsuits.
- CNN president Jeff Zucker threatens President Trump
- CNN producer admits Trump-Russia story is ‘bullshit’ fake news
- CNN’s fake Gulf War reporting
- Fake News: CNN Becky Anderson stages fake Muslim ‘peace protest’ in London
- “Is Ebola pandemic a false flag?” (on fake CNN/NYT reporting from Liberia)
- This is CNN: Correspondent Caught Joking About Donald Trump’s Plane Crashing
- This is CNN: Homosexual Anderson Cooper says ‘c*ck’ on live NYE show
- This is CNN: Don Lemon sticks hand down his shorts, rubs penis, then wants bartender to smell his fingers
- CNN ‘accidentally’ aired ½ hour of hardcore tranny porn on Thanksgiving night
- CNN celebrates Father’s Day with a father who gave birth to a son
- CNN anchor Chris Cuomo defends sexual predators of young girls
- CNN anchor Chris Cuomo admits media are Hillary Clinton’s bitch