Since his election and installation in March 2013 as Pope Francis of the Roman Catholic Church, we now have sufficient evidence from Jorge Bergoglio’s words and deeds to raise serious questions as to whether this pope is Catholic or even Christian:
- To begin, a legitimate case has been made that Bergoglio’s election as pope was illicit, being contaminated by lobbying in violation of papal law.
- Bishops, cardinals and archbishops who are Bergoglio’s allies are flagrant homosexuals and pedophiles. See “Pope Francis’ Vatican: a cesspool of pedophiles and homosexuals” and “Catholic Church in Crisis: Pedophile cardinal; Pennsylvania priests abused 1k children; homoerotic church service“.
- Bergoglio misuses the pope’s claim to doctrinal infallibility by claiming papal infallibility on climate change.
- He is a rank hypocrite:
- Bergoglio hectors Europe and the United States to take in “migrants” and “refugees” while the Vatican has taken in only one refugee family, and is protected by 40 ft. tall walls. Bergoglio went so far as to say migrants’ right to protection trumps the host countries’ national security concerns.
- He calls Christian gun-manufacturers hypocrites, but the Vatican’s own Swiss guards are well-armed with a dizzying array of traditional (sword, command baton, partisan, halberd, flamberge and cuirass) and modern arms (SIG P220 pistol, Glock 19, Steyr TMP, Heckler & Koch MP5A3, Heckler & Koch MP7A1, SIG SG 550, and SIG SG 552).
- He grieved over the death of Cuban dictator Fidel Castro, who persecuted Catholics and lived in luxury while the Cuban people starved.
- As pope, Bergoglio has made pronouncements that are contrary to both Catholic doctrine and Christian theology. As an example, in an interview with his longtime atheist friend Eugenio Scalfari, published March 28, 2018 in La Repubblica, Pope Francis claims that Hell does not exist and that condemned souls just “disappear.” This is a denial of what Jesus Himself said in Mark 9 about Gehenna of “unquenchable fire”, and the 2,000-year-old teaching of the Catholic Church about the reality of Hell and the eternal existence of the soul.
- Bergoglio’s reign as pope has been one of terror: His critics are censored and threatened with excommunication. Bergoglio’s most recent and most prominent critic, Archbishop Carlo Viganò, who calls for the pope’s resignation, has gone into hiding, in fear for his life. See also “Cardinal Müller: ‘Pervading sense of fear’ in Pope Francis’ Curia“.
- Most egregious of all is Bergoglio’s refusal to genuflect at the consecration, his joke about Christ’s crucifixion, and his concealment of the crucifix by stuffing it inside his waist sash so as not to offend Jews.
Here’s the latest — and the last straw for me — on the apostasy of Pope Francis:
(1) The Wiccan Stang
The pagan religion of Wicca or witchcraft uses a range of “magical” tools in its rituals — at an altar or inside a “magic” circle. Each of the tools has different uses and associations, but all supposedly direct magical energies.
The stang is one such “magical” tool — a pronged wooden staff, topped either with a naturally occurring fork or with antlers affixed (Wikipedia). Wiccans claim that witches not only rode on broomsticks, but also on stangs.
On October 3, 2018, Pope Francis opened the Synod of Bishops in Saint Peters Square in Vatican City, holding what appears to be a Wiccan stang, instead of the traditional papal ferula with a cross at the top. (PJMedia)
Contrast the stang carried by Pope Francis with the papal ferula carried by Pope John Paul II:
(2) The LGBT Rainbow Cross
It’s bad enough that homosexuals have appropriated the rainbow, which God sent after the Great Flood as a sign of His promise that He would never again punish humanity and other living creatures with “a flood to destroy the earth” (Genesis 9).
On World Youth Day on October 17, 2018, Bergoglio signaled his solidarity with homosexuals by adorning himself with an LGBT rainbow cross pendant (LifeSiteNews).
Lisa Bourne of LifeSiteNews notes:
The photo of Francis wearing the rainbow cross was also provocative given its timing amid widespread apprehension that the Youth Synod is being used to advance the normalization of homosexuality within the Church. For the first time in a Vatican document, the term “LGBTQ” has been included in the Youth Synod working document. Small groups within the Youth Synod have already called for the Church to recognize “other forms of family” and to pay more attention to homosexuals and the “realities” they face, specifically mentioning “marriage,” surrogate pregnancy, and adoption.
I second Archbishop Viganò’s call for Pope Francis to resign. If U.S. bishops have any integrity, they should do likewise.
H/t Robert R.
Update (Nov. 16):
In an interview, published Oct. 13, Msgr. Nicola Bux, the theologian consultor to the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, warned that Pope Francis is issuing statements that are generating “heresies, schisms, and controversies of various kinds” and that Francis should issue a profession of faith to restore unity in the Church. (LifeSiteNews)