Like Satan, Democrats simply never sleep and are relentless in pushing their agenda of abortion, gun control, illegal immigration, and ever-bigger government.
Not even when the United States is in the midst of unprecedented monumental crisis because a crisis must never be let to go to waste.
On January 30, 2020, just when the Wuhan coronavirus began to occupy the world’s attention, the earwax-eating Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA), who thought the island of Guam would tip over with 8,000 U.S. Marines, introduced HR 5717, a gun control bill with the sanctinomious name of Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020.
HR 5717 would do the following:
(1) Gun license:
- A license is required to purchase, acquire, or possess a firearm or ammunition.
- Only those 21 years old or older, who have completed training in firearm safety and who are deemed psychologically and behaviorally “suitable,” are eligible for a gun license.
- The license must be renewed every 10 years.
(2) Prohibited from firearm possession are:
- Perpetrators of “domestic violence,” which includes those who engage in stalking, “harassment, intimidation, or surveillance” of the victims.
- Those who have been issued an “extreme risk protection order,” defined as those who pose a danger of causing harm to the petitioner or others by having access to a firearm. “Domestic violence” is a type of “extreme risk”.
(3) The sale, manufacture, import, transfer or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices are forbidden by law.
HR 5717 has 18 co-sponsors, all Democrats. See their names here.