Category Archives: gun control

Not held responsible: Murder charges dropped against Chicago teens in shooting

Chicago teens getting away with murder…

Seems the criminals always get a pass…Their crimes are dropped down and their records will not accurately reflect their criminal past.

Good thing we have those super strict gun control laws in Illinois to help prevent future murders!

From MyFoxChicago: Lake County prosecutors have dropped murder charges that were filed against five Chicago teenagers last month after a member of their group was fatally shot by a homeowner in the north suburbs while they allegedly tried to break into a vehicle.

Diamond Davis, 18; Kendrick Cooper, 17; Stacy Davis, 17; Steven Davis, 17; and Curtis Dawson, 16, will no longer be charged with murder for the death of 14-year-old Jaquan Swopes, Lake County State’s Attorney Michael Nerheim wrote in a statement.

“The circumstances and facts outlined in my statement support the charge of Felony Murder,” Nerheim wrote. “However, after full consideration of all the evidence, mitigation presented by defense counsel as well as the wishes of the victim’s family, my office has entered into an agreement with defense counsel for the five offenders. This agreement ensures all offenders will be held responsible and face appropriate sentences.”

Davis, 18 (center, top row of the photo), will be charged with a felony count of conspiracy to commit burglary and a misdemeanor count of criminal trespass to a vehicle, the state’s attorney’s office said. She is expected to appear in court for a preliminary hearing in Lake County court on Thursday afternoon and plead guilty to the new charges next week.

The cases against the younger defendants will be moved to juvenile court, prosecutors said. “However, due to strict laws governing juvenile courtroom proceedings, my office is unable to give details regarding the charges involving the juveniles going forward,” Nerheim wrote.

The fatal encounter began about 1:15 a.m. Aug. 13 when the teens allegedly tried to break into a car in the 17600 block of West Edwards Road in Old Mill Creek, Lake County sheriff’s office spokesman Sgt. Christopher Covelli said at a news conference the morning of the shooting.

A 75-year-old man told investigators he saw a black Lexus SUV in his driveway and group of people trying to break into or steal his vehicle, Covelli said.

Two of the teens — including Swopes, who held something in his hand — allegedly approached the man as he was standing on his porch, authorities said. The man fired at least three rounds from a revolver, one of which hit Swopes in the head. He was pronounced dead at Condell Medical Center in Libertyville.

The gunman, who had a valid FOID card and concealed-carry permit, called 911 to report the shooting and request an ambulance, Covelli said. Investigators found a knife at the scene, which they believe one of the suspects had with him.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Thursday funnies!

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Georgia homeowner fatally shoots 3 teens in masks who tried to rob him

Score one for the Second Amendment.

From Fox News: A Georgia homeowner fatally shot three teenagers who were purportedly trying to rob him and two others on Monday night, officials said.

The teenagers — ages 15, 16 and 16 — approached the residence in Conyers, a city roughly 25 miles southeast of Atlanta, with their faces covered in masks, according to the Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office.

The trio “attempted to rob three individuals in the front yard” of the home, and one of the teenagers “brandished a gun and fired shots” at those in the front yard.

One of the intended victims of the attempted robbery returned fire, shooting all three teenagers, authorities said in a news release. One of the teenagers died at the scene, while the two others died at a nearby hospital.

Sheriff Eric Levett said deputies responded to the scene after a report of shots fired. When they arrived, the dead teenager was bordering the street and the driveway, and one of the other teens who was shot “was a little bit down the street, where it appears he was running.”

Investigators said the three people who were on the Conyers property and neighbors have been interviewed, but no one has been charged. Levett confirmed two weapons were found at the scene and told reporters it’s possible this could be a “stand-your-ground” type of case, based upon preliminary information.

Witness Carlos Watson told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution he woke up to the “sounds of gunfire.”

“I heard somebody yell for help … then I heard it again, and that’s when I came outside,” Watson said. “There was one gentleman laid out and our neighbor Mr. Jenkins was helping him out.”

He said the situation seems to have been “a home invasion that went bad for the invaders,” and said the community is a “nice area” that doesn’t see random crime often.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

NASCAR turns to the Left; rejects gun ads

The public perception of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) has always been that NASCAR is all-American, pro-Second Amendment, and in sync with red-state values.

No more.

Stephen Gutowski reports for The Washington Free Beacon, August 30, 2019, that two gun companies said NASCAR rejected their gun ads because of the racing company’s “gradual shift on guns”. Both gun companies said a NASCAR advertising agency had solicited ads from them for NASCAR publications, but when they submitted ads, they were told NASCAR would not accept them.

The two gun companies are:

(1) Dark Storm Industries:

Dark Storm said an ad it submitted featuring one of the company’s AR-15s was rejected. Dark Storm wrote in an Instagram post:

“NASCAR decided to turn their back on their customer base, joining the likes of Yeti, Dick’s and Under Armour. We were approached by a NASCAR publication eager to earn our business, but after submitting our ad it was immediately rejected, stating that we cannot depict ‘assault weapons’. As we have learned, NASCAR has made a ‘gradual shift’ but this doesn’t seem very gradual to us. It seems as though NASCAR has turned their back on the overwhelming majority of their fan base in the most embarrassing way possible.”

(2) Online retailer K-Var Corp:

K-Var said NASCAR rejected an ad featuring an AK-47 and 9mm handgun. An April email exchange between K-Var and National Event Publications, which books ads for NASCAR publications, obtained by the Washington Free Beacon shows the ad booker working with the gun dealer on final details of an ad for the souvenir program sold during the Race for the Cup series. Dave Dolbee, general manager of K-Var, said the company thought the ad would be good for brand awareness since the NASCAR audience is considered to be very gun-friendly and notable gun companies had previously advertised in the program. However, the ad company emailed Dolbee in August to say NASCAR rejected K-Var’s ad because of the firearms included in it. Sunny Berlin, art director for National Event Publications, told Dolbee in an email:

“We just heard back from NASCAR on a number of gun related ads and unfortunately due to a gradual shift in their position on guns, these ads must be edited/changed– especially those that are depicted as assault style rifles/sniper rifles. They are still open to some ads featuring some of the less controversial gun accessories, concealed carry, or classes. Can you supply a new ad that would fit more along these guidelines? NASCAR will then review again.”

Dolbee said:

  • K-Var was unable to get any clarification from NASCAR on what it considered an “assault style rifle” or “sniper rifle” or other details of their “gradual shift” on guns.
  • National Event Publications were “cagey about it when they gave me that 24-hour deadline to resubmit an ad.”
  • NASCAR had not even been clear with National Event Publications and did not provide “clear enough guidelines to say ‘it was exactly this in your ad or it was exactly that in your ad.'”

Dolbee told the Free Beacon K-Var refused to submit another ad:

“Naturally we took the position ‘absolutely not’. You can’t do ‘this gun’s good, that gun’s bad.’ You know? I said we wouldn’t deal with them at all if that was going to be the case. We could never go forward with that type of a policy.

It’s just bad for business. I’m somebody who grew up on NASCAR. My father was a huge fan. So, he of course brought me into the sport as a fan. And you see something with that type of a legacy and heritage, instead of being a sporting organization, try and play politics.”

Neither National Event Publications nor NASCAR responded to requests for comment on the policy change.

Backlash to NASCAR’s ban on gun ads was swift:

  • A headline at Outdoor Hub said: “Turning Left: NASCAR Bans Firearm Ads, Cites ‘Gradual Shift’ on Guns.”
  • All Outdoor said: “NASCAR Goes Anti-Gun, Bans Black Rifle Ads”.
  • Radio show host and lifelong NASCAR fan Mark Walters said in a piece for Ammoland that the shift in gun ad policy tells him the racing association is “no longer the NASCAR I thought I knew. Go ahead NASCAR, try to fill the stands with a bunch of David Hogg, Moms Demand Action, Everytown for Gun Safety, urban, progressive, skinny jean wearing, soy sipping, man-bun wearing, Antifa loving, gun-hating socialists. I won’t be around to see how that turns out for you.”

See “Supreme Court ruled in 2008 that Second Amendment applies to individuals, not militias, and may include military weapons,” Feb. 27, 2018.

See these other pro-gun control businesses:

See the Trump administration on gun control:

See these pro-gun control politicians:

H/t Big Lug

~Eowyn

Drudge Report has gone to the dark side. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Senate Democrats introduce new gun-control bill: federal license, registration, red flag & gun confiscation

Six days ago on September 10, 2019, Demonrat senators Cory Booker (New Jersey) and Richard Blumenthal (Connecticut) introduced a new gun-control bill, S. 2449: Federal Firearm Licensing Act, which will:

(1) Require a federal license to acquire or receive firearms, “and for other purposes”: “In general…it shall be unlawful for any individual to purchase or receive a firearm unless the individual has a valid Federal firearm license.”

(2) A Federal firearm license is required for each firearm: “each license issued under this section shall be valid for the purchase of a single firearm”.

(3) Each license is valid for only 5 years.

(4) The federal license in turn means the federal and local governments will keep a registration of all gun owners in the U.S.: “a license issued under the system is available at a designated local office, which shall be located in both urban and rural areas.”

(5) To acquire the Federal firearm license will require:

  • Training in firearms safety, including (a) “a written test, to demonstrate knowledge of applicable firearms laws”; and (b) “hands-on testing, including firing testing, to demonstrate safe use and sufficient accuracy of a firearm”.
  • Proof of identity of the applicant.
  • Fingerprints of the applicant.
  • A thorough background check of the applicant.

(6) Red Flag: If it is determined that an individual “poses a significant danger of bodily injury to self or others by possessing, purchasing, or receiving a firearm,” s/he will be denied a gun license or if s/he already owns a gun(s), the license for which will be revoked and the firearm confiscated: “The Attorney General shall establish procedures to ensure that any firearm is removed from any individual when the individual’s license is revoked”.

Click here for the full text of S. 2449.

H/t truckjunkie

~Eowyn

Drudge Report has gone to the dark side. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Media, demorats promised no one wanted to take your guns

We all knew they were lying. Was just a matter of time before the mask came off.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Joe Biden’s teeth almost fall out during debate

During last Thursday’s demorat debate, it appears Biden was having some problems with his upper dentures.

Between Joe’s bloody eye, his multiple gaffes, and his groping women and children, you gotta wonder what the appeal is for him to be in the lead in most polls. He’s a trainwreck!

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Pancho Beto wants to force banks and credit card companies to stop enabling the sale of “weapons of war”

Fortunately this guy has no shot of becoming our president.

Pancho Beto was on a tweet storm yesterday:

“Credit cards have enabled many of America’s mass shootings in the last decade—and with Washington unwilling to act, they need to cut off the sales of weapons of war today.”

“Banks and credit card companies must: Refuse to take part in the sale of assault weapons. Stop processing transactions for gun sales online & at gun shows without background checks. Stop doing business with gun & ammo manufacturers who produce or sell assault weapons.

“If enough of us make our voices heard now, we will force banks and credit card companies to act. Add your name to this petition we’re sending Visa, Mastercard, and the big banks”

And these people call President Trump the fascist.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Gun-controlled Chiraq: 15 people shot, 2 killed this past Tuesday

Chiraq Mayor Lori Lightfoot

Hey Mayor Lightfoot: Gun control laws still aren’t working in your gang- infested city.

From MyFoxChicago: Fifteen people were shot — two of them fatally — Tuesday in incidents of gun violence across Chicago, including an 18-year-old man who was gunned down in a Pilsen alleyway.

About 1:25 a.m., officers responded to calls of shots fired in the 1600 block of South Loomis Street and found Eduardo Rendon with multiple gunshot wounds to the neck and chest, Chicago police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office said. Over a dozen shell casings could be observed at the scene of the shooting.

He was taken to the University of Illinois in Chicago Hospital where he was pronounced dead, authorities said. An autopsy released Tuesday found he died from multiple gunshot wounds and ruled his death a homicide.

The day’s first shooting claimed the life of a 27-year-old man in Vittum Park on the Southwest Side.
He was standing on the sidewalk about 12:45 a.m. in the 4700 block of South Cicero Avenue when someone walked up to him and opened fire, police said.

He was struck multiple times in the chest and rushed to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where he was pronounced dead, police said. An autopsy released Tuesday said he died from his gunshot wounds and ruled his death a homicide, the medical examiner’s office said. His identity has not been released.

In non-fatal incidents, seven people were wounded in less than an hour in a series of shootings across the West Side, including four teenage males shot in West Town.

Read about all the shootings here.

DCG

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0
 

Hypocrite: Pro-gun control Hollyweirdo Alyssa Milano owns 2 guns for self-defense

Aging actress Alyssa Milano in a cleavage-bearing low-cut blouse at SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s Senate hearing October 2018

Has-been actress Alyssa Milano, 46, is a rabid gun-control activist.

As an example, on May 5, 2018, Milano led a protest against Vice President Mike Pence at the NRA’s 2018 convention in Dallas, Texas, despite the fact that both Pence and the NRA are renowned defenders of the right to own guns for self-defense.

Milano’s protest is the height of hypocrisy because she herself owns two guns for self-defense. In other words, she should lead a protest against herself.

Breitbart reports that during a debate with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Tuesday evening, Sept. 10, 2019, Milano and Fred Guttenberg — whose 14-year-old daughter Jaime was killed in the 2018 Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School mass shooting in Parkland, Florida — pressed Cruz on various gun control proposals.

Milano proposed universal background checks, restricting access to AR-15s, and background checks for bullet purchases, while insisting, “We all believe in the Second Amendment.”

Around 13 minutes into the discussion, Guttenberg said he was offended by Cruz’s argument that these gun controls would erode Americans’ rights to self-defense, saying: “That’s a load of BS. Nobody’s trying to remove your right to self-defense.”

Milano interjected: “By the way, I have two guns in my household for self-defense, just so you know.”

Hypocrite!

~Eowyn

Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

Please follow and like us:
error0