Category Archives: Children

This is Chiraq: 16 people wounded in MLK Day weekend shootings

mlk jr violence quote

This was the stat when I scheduled this post on Sunday afternoon. Don’t be surprised if the number is higher on Monday morning.

From MyFoxChicago: At least 16 people have been wounded by gunfire across Chicago since the start of Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend.

The most recent shooting happened early Sunday in the Little Village neighborhood on the Southwest Side. Two men, ages 19 and 23, were sitting in a parked car about 12:40 a.m. in the 2800 block of West 21st Street when someone fired shots, according to Chicago Police.

The younger man was struck in his left forearm, and the older man suffered a gunshot wound that penetrated through his shoulder to his chest, police said. Another person in the car drove them to Saint Anthony Hospital, where the older man was listed in serious condition and the younger man’s condition was stabilized, police said. The older man was later transferred to Mount Sinai Hospital, police said.

Nearly 4 hours earlier, a 16-year-old boy was wounded in a shooting in the North Side Rogers Park neighborhood. The boy was sitting in his vehicle at 8:24 p.m. in the 6700 block of North Hermitage when an unknown male approached and fired shots, police said. The boy suffered multiple gunshot wounds to his body and was taken to Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston, where his condition stabilized.

Two people were shot about 20 minutes earlier during an altercation in the West Side Austin neighborhood. The 29-year-old man and 25-year-old woman were at a gathering in the 5300 block of West North Avenue when the altercation broke out, and someone took out a gun and fired shots, police said.

The man was shot in the head and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where his condition stabilized, police said. The woman was taken to West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park with a graze wound to her head. She was in good condition. The shooting ended a stretch of almost 16 hours on Saturday in which nobody was shot.

At 4:39 a.m. Saturday, a 27-year-old man was shot at a Back of the Yards restaurant drive-thru on the South Side. The man was sitting in the drive-thru lane in the 1400 block of West 47th Street when he heard shots and felt pain, police said. He was taken to Stroger Hospital with a gunshot wound to his left armpit, and his condition stabilized.

Three people were shot just after 4 a.m. in the West Garfield Park neighborhood. Someone fired shots at a party in the 3900 block of West Arthington, striking three people, police said. An 18-year-old woman was shot in the neck and taken in serious condition to Stroger Hospital. A 37-year-old man was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition with a gunshot wound to the right side of his face. The third person, a male whose age was not immediately known, was shot in the chest and back and was also taken to Mount Sinai in serious condition.

The weekend’s first shooting happened about 5:45 p.m. in the West Garfield Park neighborhood. A 25-year-old man was shot in the buttocks near Madison and Kilbourn, police said. He took himself to Loretto Hospital, where he was in good condition.

At least six other people have been wounded in shootings across the city since 5:45 p.m. Friday.

Last year, 39 people were shot — 10 of them fatally — during Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend.

DCG

Advertisements

ICE raids 100 7-Eleven stores: Trump Admin says it’s just getting started

deport t-shirt

Works for me.

From Yahoo: Federal immigration agents stormed into nearly 100 7-Eleven stores nationwide in an unprecedented search for undocumented workers illegal aliens under President Donald Trump, the Associated Press reported on Wednesday.

And Immigration and Customs Enforcement says it is only getting started.

“This is what we’re gearing up for this year and what you’re going to see more and more of is these large-scale compliance inspections, just for starters,” Derek Benner, acting executive associate director for ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations, told the AP. “It’s not going to be limited to large companies or any particular industry, big medium and small. It’s going to be inclusive of everything that we see out there.”

It is illegal for employers to knowingly hire unauthorized workers living in the United States illegally. The parent company of the raided convenience stores, the Irving, Texas-based 7-Eleven Stores Inc., did not immediately respond to Newsweek’s request for comment.

Wednesday’s raids represent the largest single-operation by ICE against employers under President Donald Trump.

According to the AP, the 7-Eleven stores served on Wednesday “will be required to produce documents showing they required work authorization.”

Benner said these kinds of sweeps will become more common during the Trump presidency.

“We need to make sure that employers are on notice that we are going to come out and ensure that they’re being compliant,” Benner told the AP. “For those that don’t, we’re going to take some very aggressive steps in terms of criminal investigations to make sure that we address them and hold them accountable.”

The administration has drastically stepped-up immigration enforcement in the United States. ICE arrests of suspected undocumented illegal aliens are up 40 percent since Trump took office, federal stats show. The administration has also given federal immigration agencies the green light to arrest anyone suspected of being in this country illegally.

The raids came hours after U.S. District Judge William Alsup in San Francisco blocked a Trump administration move to end protections for children brought to the country illegaly by their parents. The University of California system, more than a dozen state attorneys general, and at least one participant in the so-called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program are currently battling the Department of Homeland Security in court.

DCG

Sanctuary in California: Illegal alien on the run after sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl

Illegal Rigoberto Arevalo Cubias

Illegal alien Cubias roaming free in sanctuary state California

Remember, illegal aliens are “all welcome in California.”

From CBS Los Angeles: An undocumented immigrant illegal alien from El Salvador suspected of sexually assaulting a five-year-old girl in Fullerton was on the run Wednesday, police said.

Rigoberto Arevalo Cubias, 30, was identified as a suspect in what Fullerton police say was a “possible sexual assault” after officers responded to an “out of area” hospital back on Dec. 21.

Investigators later said Cubias – who is undocumented illegal may be in possession of a fraudulent California driver’s license – was suspected of engaging in sexual intercourse or sodomy with a child under the age of 10 years old.

Cubias has an outstanding $50,000 arrest warrant for a DUI from 2014 under the name “Jose Cubias” and police say he uses multiple aliases, including Jose Cubias, Jose Cubias Arevalo, Jose Riberto Cubias, and Jose Alfonso Cubias Arevalo.

Detectives say they believe that Cubias now knows he is wanted by police and is on the run from law enforcement. Cubias is believed to have ditched his car and cell phone in an attempt to elude authorities, according to police.

He’s described as a male Hispanic, approximately 5’7”, 185 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information on Cubias is asked to call Fullerton PD Detective Carin Wright at (714) 738-6754 or anonymously call Orange County Crime Stoppers at 1(855) TIP-OCCS. They may also visit the OC Crime Stoppers website.

DCG

College student argues for infanticide

I’m sure the good folks in Iceland would concur with this soulless individual. After all, what better way to “eradicate” disorders!

Brought to you by Students for Life. About the video:

A student at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville bragged about his support for infanticide up to two years of age! Extremism from abortion supporters is one reason many people are moving towards the pro-life movement.

h/t Moonbattery

DCG

Illegal alien who killed Kate Steinle sentenced to time served

kate-steinle-you-tube-screenshot

Kate Steinle: Murdered by an illegal alien in sanctuary San Francisco

I despise the illegal-alien-loving folks in California.

From Fox News: The illegal immigrant alien and seven-time felon who was acquitted of murder and assault in the 2015 San Francisco fatal shooting of 32-year old Kate Steinle was sentenced to three years in prison on Friday.

Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, who has been in custody since shortly after the shooting, was credited for time served. He will be on parole for 48 months and will remain in custody to face federal charges.

The case sparked national debate over immigration reform and so-called Sanctuary Cities that shield illegals from deportation, of which San Francisco is one.

The felony possession was the only conviction to come out of Garcia Zarate’s trial in November. The jury decided Steinle’s death, the result of a ricochet bullet fired from roughly 100 feet away, was an accident.

At a hearing Friday, Garcia Zarate entered the courtroom wearing huge oversized bright orange sweatshirt and sweatpants. He was uncuffed and smiling as he shook the hand of each member of his defense team, including new attorney Tony Serra. His attorneys requested a new trial, but the judge denied the motion.

Garcia Zarate is expected to be turned over to U.S. Marshals to face new charges in federal court, under an indictment handed down on Dec. 5.

A federal grand jury has charged Garcia Zarate with being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition and being an “illegally present alien” in possession of a firearm and ammunition.

Public defender Matt Gonzalez told reporters the new charges are “discriminatory,” and a reaction by administration officials upset over his client’s acquittal of murder and assault.

Garcia Zarate could be arraigned as early as next week for the federal charges, which carry a maximum penalty of 10 years in federal prison. Immigration officials have also indicated they plan to deport him for a sixth time.

On Friday, Serra blasted the federal government for filing federal charges against Garcia Zarate after he was cleared of most state charges. “Shame on the federal government, shame on the Trump administration. Shame on them in terms of bringing a retaliatory, vindictive prosecution,” Serra said. “So we will take those issues on.”

See also:

DCG

Judge lowers bond for illegal alien tracked down by ICE after speaking to media

illegal

Why isn’t the illegal alien using his money to apply for citizenship? Does he purposely want to tear his family apart? Course he could return to his native Mexico and his family.

From Seattle Times: An immigration judge Thursday sharply reduced the bond for Baltazar Aburto Gutierrez, whose November detention by immigration-enforcement officials raised concern that he was being retaliated against for speaking to the news media.

Judge Charles McCullough set the bond at $5,000, down from $25,000. Aburto Gutierrez has money to pay and expects to do so Friday, said his lawyer, Stephen Robbins, after a courtroom hearing at the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma, where Aburto Gutierrez is being held.

When the Mexican immigrant delivers the bond, he will be released and plans to return to his Pacific County home, Robbins said. “He’s very relieved and very happy,” the attorney said of his client.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials arrested Gutierrez, 35, early on Nov. 27 as he was heading to Okie’s Thriftway Market in Ocean Park for coffee and eggs. Recounting the arrest by phone from the detention center last month, the shellfish worker said he had just gotten off work.

“You are the one from the newspaper,” he said an ICE officer told him after seeing Aburto Gutierrez drive in.

The Mexican native, who said he has lived in Pacific County for 15 years, concluded that ICE was retaliating against him for talking to The Seattle Times about the earlier arrest of his longtime girlfriend.

Aburto Gutierrez has no criminal record, an ICE arrest report provided by his attorney confirms.

In a phone call last week, Gov. Jay Inslee told acting ICE Director Thomas Homan he was worried about the “chilling effect on free speech.”

Homan, however, said retaliation was not the reason for Aburto Gutierrez’s arrest. ICE officers had met him in June as they arrested his girlfriend and turned over the couple’s children to his care, the acting director said. By November, officers realized the children had left for Mexico to be with their mother and no longer needed Aburto Gutierrez’s care, Homan said.

That information came in as a tip on Nov. 16, according to the ICE report, which makes no mention of the Nov. 9 Times story in which Aburto Gutierrez’s account of his girlfriend’s arrest appears. The story, about ramped-up ICE enforcement in Pacific County and its impact on Donald Trump voters and other locals, attracted international attention.

Soon after, two ICE officers set up “surveillance” at Okie’s, knowing that Aburto Gutierrez usually came to the store everyday between 7:30 and 8 a.m., according to the arrest report. They got their man at 7:50.

DCG

Illegal alien arrested for soliciting sex from 8-year-old via Snapchat

illegal alien

When I searched for this story, all the headlines came up as “Roseville man” or “Sacramento man” arrested.  Not one headline about the perp being an illegal alien. Good job SRM. Way to avoid the truth.

Also, who lets their eight-year-old use Snapchat?

From KCRA: Roseville police arrested a 21-year-old Sacramento man accused of contacting an 8-year-old girl for sex via Snapchat, officers said Wednesday.

Gilbert Garcia-Bejarano was taken into custody Tuesday afternoon on charges of sending and soliciting sexually explicit material from a minor, attempting to contact a minor for sexual purposes and possessing false immigration documents, Roseville police said.

A mother called Roseville police on New Year’s Day after finding inappropriate Snapchat messages on her daughter’s cellphone.

Detectives discovered that Garcia-Bejarano sent the girl sexually explicit photos the week before, asked her to send him nude photos of herself and proposed them meeting up to have sex, police said.

“It was apparent from the conversations that the male knew the victim’s age,” according to a post on the Roseville Police Department’s Facebook page.

Detectives contacted Garcia-Bejarano over Snapchat, posing as the victim and arranged to meet him for sexual activity. Garcia-Bejarano showed up at the meeting location Tuesday afternoon in Sacramento, thinking he was meeting with the underage victim, police said. Instead, he was met by Roseville detectives.

Garcia-Bejarano was booked into the South Placer Jail.

See his charges here (on page 245). Along with two other charges, the illegal alien is charged with 114 PCusing false citizenship papers: Any person who uses false documents to conceal his or her true citizenship or resident alien status is guilty of a felony, and shall be punished by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 for five years or by a fine of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000).

DCG