The writers of Fellowship of the Minds have voted. I asked each of us to submit two favorite captions. It was a tough choice.
Here’s our winning caption (with 3 votes) !
Ted Nougat: “…and in your honor, Mr. President, these last 2 jackets from the NASA gift shop were flown over Mecca, for you and the first lady.”
We have three runners-up (each with 2 votes):
- Anonymous: “Hey, the Muslim-outreach mission patch!”
- Khalid Al Mansour: “NASA? I thought we closed that down, Valerie?! Didn’t we shut this down?”
- Vic Bailey: “Oh BOY, after this last patch, I can now join the girls scouts!”
Here are the 3rd place “honorable mentions” (each with 1 vote):
- Igor: “i got this patch when i piloted the lunar module back in 1971,” said obama.
- InRussetShadows: “Wow, thanks Valerie. Larry Sinclair never gave me a patch.”
- Lollollollers: “These are held on with velcro? I can change my affiliations whenever I want? I love this jacket!””
- Tim: “STS-136 ?? Yes, Mr. president, this is a mission to find your real birth certificate and college records. Have a nice flight.”
CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners!!!!
P.S. Captions by FOTM writers were excluded from consideration.
Think of a clever caption for this pic (h/t Igor), and you’ll be our winner.
Alas, FOTM is penurious and cannot give you a monetary award. The winner’s award is one of honor. LOL
The writers of FOTM will be the judges. Winner to be announced this Sunday! 😀
To get the ball rolling, here’s my entry:
“You mean I can wear it? Cool! Better than that Nobel Peace Prize thingy.”