California Nightmare: L.A. homeless man poured bucket of hot feces on woman

The nightmare that is California and its failed cities continues to worsen….

Joel Grover and Amy Corral report for NBC4 Los Angeles, November 11, 2019, that attacks by homeless people are increasing in Los Angeles. As many as 9,846 of these crimes were reported in the city by the end of 2018, including a homeless man dumping a bucket of his diarrhea on a woman.

According to public records, Heidi Van Tassel was getting in her car after dining with friends at a Thai restaurant on Hollywood Boulvard near the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Suddenly a homeless man sprinted across the boulevard, pulled her out of the car, dragged her out to the middle of the street, and dumped a bucket of feces on her head.

Van Tassel recounted the attack, through tears: “It was diarrhea. Hot liquid. I was soaked, and it was coming off my eyelashes and into my eyes. Paramedics who came to treat me said there was so much of it on me, that it looked like the man was saving it up for a month. It was all inside my car because it was so much. He just kept pouring it and splattering it all over me. It was awful. And it changed my life.”

Van Tassel was rushed to Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital, where she was tested for infectious diseases caused by contact with feces. She’ll need to be retested every three months.

Security footage from businesses nearby captured the attack, and bodycam captured the aftermath as officers responded, but the LAPD and businesses would not release the footage, even when Van Tassel asked to see it.

Van Tassel said the Los Angeles Police Department told her they’d investigate the crime, but her phone calls to the department went unanswered. She said the police also promised to have their victims’ advocate reach out to her to offer services, but she never got a call: “It’s so traumatic. The PTSD that I’m dealing with is beyond anything that I’ve ever felt. There needs to be some kind of help for the victims of these crimes.”

The man who attacked her is identified in court records as Jere Blessings, a transient with “schizophrenia and psychotic disorders.” He was charged with battery, taken to jail, then sent by a judge to a residential facility for people with mental health issues where he stayed for only two months. He was released in August.

The Los Angeles City Attorney’s office said Blessings is now back in the community, which worries Van Tassel. She said: “He doesn’t need jail time. He needs mental health care. I have empathy for him. Because he needs help. I will never, ever, forget his face. What’s the next thing he’s going to do somebody? If he would’ve had a knife, for sure he would’ve stabbed me.”

I searched and searched, including the website MugshotsOnline.com, but was unable to find a pic of the attacker Jere Blessings.

I found the Twitter account of a “Heidi S(abrina) Van Tassel” @HeidiSabrina who lives in Los Angeles and is an anti-Trumper. On Oct. 2, 2019, she retweeted this:

This Heidi S. Van Tassel on Twitter is the same Heidi Van Tassel who was victimized by Jere Blessings because her Twitter pic is the same as the pic of the victim in News Thud‘s report.

That means victim Heidi Van Tassel is yet another example of a “useful idiot” Democrat who seems unable to connect the failed city of Los Angeles with its all-Democrat government, which is why Los Angeles and California’s dysfunctions will continue.

The Los Angeles city government consists of:

• Mayor Eric Garcetti, Democrat.
  • City Attorney Mike Feuer, Democrat.
  • City Controller Ron Galperin, Democrat.
  • City Council: 14 of the 15 City Council members are Democrat (the remaining member is Republican).

H/t FOTM‘s priceless DCG

See also:

The Nickelback meme was funny! Libtards need to remove the sticks from their butts and lighten up. Course I know that’s hard to do with TDS.

Fresh out of empathy for this womyn. Elections have consequences and being stoopid is a really terrible way to go through life.

And there is no cure for stoopid. She has “empathy” for Mr Blessing. Amazingly delusional. He doesn’t need mental health services, he needs deportation to Greenland. That guy with the 100 convictions in the post the other day was named “Kindness”. It’s almost as if the dark side is mocking us and playing mind games. Just my sensible paranoia

cogitoergosumantra
cogitoergosumantra

I still favor baseball bat therapy for the feces flinger… If he’s so “gone” that he doesn’t recognize the difference in right and wrong (a legal standard), or what is acceptable in civilized society, the thought of being hit with a bat the next time he considers such actions might slow him down. It works when training wild animals… “Pain = don’t. Pleasure = do.” Obviously, the current ideas of the left in convincing loons not to attack others (“do that, and we’ll give you 3 hots and a cot”) isn’t working, nor should any sane person assume it ever… Read more »

I could not help but notice in the picture of her from her Twitter account . . . she seems to have a certain smugness, or haughtiness to her smile. There certainly is no evidence of that in the picture which was taken after this horrid event took place.

This isn’t even America, by our standards when we were growing up.

Reply to  TrailDust

Heck, this isn’t even standards in some sh*thole countries. I doubt you’d find this kind of behavior in Mexico.

Now, gun fights on the streets…that’s acceptable in Mexico.

Watertender
Watertender

Having been the recipient of a “shit down” 3 times I can attest to the disgusting feeling of being the target. Perhaps her Liberal attitude will be made Conservative by her “baptism”… Probably not so in her case… SHIT HAPPENS!!!!

SAF
SAF

Well, if ever there was flinging hot spit, take a look at the impeachment fiasco. If ever any president should have been impeached it was Trump’s predecessor. Obama – Child Abuse: In 2013 Obama extended his deranged SIECUS bill to extend sex education to kindergartners because, he said, “it is the right thing to do.” That is child abuse. What would happen if Trump did that? Did Obama not spy on Trump to protect Hillary Clinton? There were at least five instances when Obama obstructed justice but that was standard procedure in Obama’s administration. Did Obama go to Congress before… Read more »

Truckjunkie
Truckjunkie

FWIW,I’ve been noticing a LOT of “problems” with accessing information and YouassTube videos lately. The issues arrive in various forms,but they all began recently,and appear to relate to information and content that Conservatives would be more interested in than Liberals-Political Commentary,etc. At first I thought it was my computer acting up,but I noticed there were only specific things I suddenly couldn’t access. Then there’s other oddities,such as YT notifications for video Vloggers I watch regularly. They ALL give me an option to move them to “Watch Later”-except FPC (Firearm Policy Coalition),which NEVER offers any option but “Turn Off Notification”. I’ve… Read more »

Tammy Hires
Tammy Hires

I agree with this. I’m sure I recognise that woman’s picture. Wasn’t she in a movie?

cogitoergosumantra
cogitoergosumantra
Reply to  Tammy Hires

Hmmm, now that you mention it, Lena Headey of TV and movie fame?

(From Sarah Connor Chronicles)

SAF
SAF

Hi Dr. Eowyn,

Internet Explorer wouldn’t allow me to access the Fellowship website. That sort of thing happens fairly frequently with IE.