Studies have shown that America is increasingly divided — racially, culturally, and politically. (See “Angry America: Politics more divisive than race, gender, or sexual orientation“)
The 2016 presidential election is making an already divided America even worse. (See “NYT openly advocates abandoning objectivity in reporting on Trump” and “Professor says Trump is so bad, university class doesn’t have to be balanced“)
It is especially bad in Hollywood:
- Oscar-nominated writer Lionel Chetwynd, a prominent Hollywood conservative, described the political atmosphere within the industry this fall as “toxic.”
- Roger Neal, founder of the Hollywood PR-management firm NPR and a Trump supporter, told TheWrap that things are even worse for conservatives than usual in Hollywood — “Things have gotten really nasty in Hollywood lately. Some stars have gone to the far left this election and are really getting hostile. You don’t see that from the other side. There’s an unhealthy tension here right now.”
- Actor Antonio Sabato Jr. says he has been bullied online, blacklisted by directors, and “attacked viciously in a way that I’ve never been attacked before” since speaking at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July.
Here’s an example of liberal viciousness by a man I’d never heard of until today, Drew Magary, who writes for GQ.
In a column for GQ, Magary tells any and all Americans who’ll vote for Trump to “fuck you”. His column is politely titled, “If You Vote For Trump, Then Screw You,” which, no doubt, was the work of his editor, for in his column Magary is far less restrained, preferring “fuck” to “screw” and peppering his prose with, by my count, 11 “fuck” this and “fuck” that. Magary also uses the same, tired old stereotype of conservatives as ignorant, redneck racists. YAWN . . . .
Wikipedia has a bare-bones entry on Magary, identifying him only as a columnist for GQ and other publications, a “humorist,” and the author of 3 books, who was an English major at Colby College.
Here are excerpts from Magary’s literary masterpiece:
“Trump is a liar and a crook, and he commits abominable acts at such a frenetic pace that they get lost in the fury surrounding whatever horrible thing he does next. […]
Regardless, in the end, people are still gonna vote for this man. Maybe not enough to get him elected, but still: it’ll be in the tens of millions. (Note to the people causing the polls to fluctuate: What the fuck is wrong with you? […]
Magary also actually believes that Hillary had pneumonia when she collapsed while leaving the 9/11 memorial ceremony.
Yeah right, a person who has pneumonia freezes up like this, and has to have the Secret Service grab you by the arm and shove you, face down, into a van.
And then, 1½ hours later, that same person with “pneumonia” whose whole body froze and collapsed into the van, bounces out of an apartment building, smiling and cheerful, declares, “I’m feeling fine!,” then bends down to greet a little girl, thereby infecting her with “pneumonia” as well.
Makes sense to me! – Not.
But Magary says it’s we who don’t “give a shit about facts and research.” Too funny.
The most charitable thing I can say about Magary is that he has Tourette’s Syndrome. I can’t believe anyone actually paid money to buy his books.
- Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic
- 2014 exit polls show Republicans and Democrats are very different peoples