No, the little spineless Kenyan coward refuses to put boots on the ground to eradicate the ISIS cancer that is currently devouring large swaths of the Middle East, but he seems to have no problem exposing 3000 of our bravest to the most deadly disease in recent history.
By David Martosko, Us Political Editor for MailOnline Published: 23:01 EST, 15 September 2014 | Updated: 23:07 EST, 15 September 2014
The United States government is sending thousands of military troops to the west African nation of Liberia as part of the Obama administration’s Ebola virus-response strategy, the White House said late Monday night.
‘U.S. Africa Command will set up a Joint Force Command headquartered in Monrovia, Liberia, to provide regional command and control support to U.S. military activities and facilitate coordination with U.S. government and international relief efforts,’ a statement from the White House press office said.
‘A general from U.S. Army Africa, the Army component of U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM), will lead this effort, which will involve an estimated 3,000 U.S. forces.’
Liberia is the hardest-hit of the four west African nations that have confirmed Ebola cases, accounting for more than one-half of the fatalities. The others are Sierra Leone, Guinea and, to a lesser extent, Nigeria.
No, you do not have dyslexia. James Earl Carter, the 39th POTUS, and at least the worst president of all those I have lived under (if not the worst in the history of this country), really said that.
This was the same Jimmy Carter that was run out of office in one of the most lop-sided elections in the history of…elections, yet actually said this about the Kenyan Boy Blunder currently occupying the domicile at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
You can read all about it here: https://dailycaller.com/2013/11/02/epic-fail-now-jimmy-carter-is-calling-obama-an-incompetent-loser/.*
LOL – I sure hope Jimmy Earl has his taxes paid up – well beyond what he actually owed.
Somewhere in Hell, there is a blizzard brewing.
(h/t: My buddy Earl)
*Note: I was recently stupid enough to perform software updates on my browser and my security software at the same time, and they are both giving me fits at the moment.
Dept of Agriculture Orders Submachine Guns with 30 Round Magazines
A May 7th solicitation by the U.S. Department of Agriculture seeks “the commercial acquisition of submachine guns [in] .40 Cal. S&W.”
According to the solicitation, the Dept. of Agriculture wants the guns to have an “ambidextrous safety, semiautomatic or 2 round [bursts] trigger group, Tritium night sights front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore group) and scope (top rear), stock collapsible or folding,” and a “30 rd. capacity” magazine.
They also want the submachine guns to have a “sling,” be “lightweight,” and have an “oversized trigger guard for gloved operation.”
The solicitation directs “all responsible and/or interested sources…[to] submit their company name, point of contact, and telephone.” Companies that submit information in a “timely” fashion “shall be considered by the agency for contact to determine weapon suitability.”
Author’s Note: This is a regurgitated post of mine from last year. Please note that I have added the word “course” in front of the term kosher salt. If you are using fine salt, reduce the amount by half.
This recipe was developed for indirect grilling using charcoal on either a Weber 18.5″ dia. or 22.5″ dia. kettle, but you can do it on a gas grill as well, if you must. Notes:
1) Best results are obtained if prepared one day before serving, allowed to cool for one hour, then wrapped tightly in aluminum foil, refrigerated overnight, and removed one to one and 1/2 hours before carving. Warm birds are difficult to carve neatly.
2) Do not stuff the bird, as it impairs smoke penetration from inside the cavity, and could also lead to the growth of harmful bacteria. Cook stuffing or cornbread dressing separately in the oven.
3) I usually stop adding smoking chips after about 90 minutes, as some people really do not like too much smoke.
You will need:
1) One 10-12 pound (preferably fresh) turkey. Larger birds do not cook all that well, so if you need more meat, cook a second bird or, as I often do, a fresh turkey breast – which will usually fit on a 22.5″ Weber along with a 10 to 12 pound turkey so they can be cooked at the same time. Just remember a breast will be done well before a whole bird.
2) One marinade injector.
3) One cup of white wine (any cheap chardonnay will work here).
4) One slightly rounded tablespoon of course kosher salt plus more for seasoning the surface and cavity of the bird.
5) 6 to 8 cloves of garlic split in half.
6) One stalk of celery cut into 2″ pieces.
7) 1/2 of a medium onion cut into 1/2″ wedges.
8) One fresh lemon, quartered.
9) course kosher salt and fresh-ground pepper for seasoning the cavity and the exterior of the bird.
10) A fair amount of your favorite smoking chips. For me, that means hickory, but apple, cherry, pecan, etc., work very well, too.
11) Plenty of your favorite holiday adult beverage.
12) A little patience.
22.5″ Weber One Touch Gold – This is my flagship Weber
1) Remove turkey from refrigerator, rinse well, and pat dry with paper towels.
2) Combine one tablespoon of course kosher salt with one cup of white wine. Stir until salt is dissolved.
3) Inject turkey all over with the white wine/salt mixture.
4) Put a little salt and pepper in the bird’s cavity, add the garlic cloves, celery, onion and lemon.
5) Coat the outside of the turkey liberally with cooking oil (I use 100% pure olive oil instead of extra-virgin), and season with salt and pepper to taste, tie the legs together with butcher’s twine, and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
6) If you are going to soak your smoking chips in water or wine, now is a good time to immerse them.
7) Prepare your grill for indirect cooking as per manufacturer’s instructions, and don’t forget the drip pan on the charcoal grate, unless scraping a lot of congealed fat out of the bottom of your grill is a favorite pastime for you. If you are using a gas grill, you can place the bird directly into the pan on the cooking grate.
8) Once the grill is ready (a cooking temperature of 350 degrees is optimal), add the smoking chips and the bird, pour any remaining wine/salt mixture into the drip pan, close the lid and don’t open it for at least one hour.
9) Add charcoal every hour (12 briquettes for a 18.5″ dia. grill, or 16 for a 22.5″ dia. grill to maintain approximately 350 degrees), as well as additional smoking chips as desired.
10) Once the turkey has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees as measured in the thigh (away from the bone), remove turkey from the grill, cover tightly with foil and let stand for at least twenty minutes before carving, or one hour if you are going to refrigerate it for the next day.
11) Chow down.
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! -Dave
ATF tries to block whistleblowing agent’s ‘Fast and Furious’ book
1st Amendment battle over gun-walking expose
By John Solomon The Washington Times Sunday, October 6, 2013
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is blocking the main whistleblower in the Fast and Furious case from publishing a book for pay, claiming his retelling of the Mexico “gun-walking” scandal will hurt morale inside the embattled law enforcement agency, according to documents obtained by The Washington Times.
ATF’s dispute with Special Agent John Dodson is setting up a First Amendment showdown that is poised to bring together liberal groups like the American Civil Liberties Union and conservatives in Congress who have championed Mr. Dodson’s protection as a whistleblower.
The ACLU is slated to become involved in the case Monday, informing ATF it is representing Mr. Dodson and filing a formal protest to the decision to reject his request to publish the already written book, sources told The Times, speaking only on the condition of anonymity.
The battle also could have repercussions on Capitol Hill, where the two lead investigators who helped uncover the Fast and Furious scandal, Sen. Chuck Grassley, Iowa Republican, and House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell E. Issa, Calif. Republican, had written a foreword to the book, the sources said.
You can read the entire Washington Times article here.
Last time I checked, alcohol, tobacco, and firearms are all legal products in this country.
Why do we need an agency of armed government goons to even be involved in any of these?
It’s time the ATF was disbanded, as there is absolutely no constitutional basis for its existence.
-And the ATF agents involved in Fast and Furious need to be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.
Author’s Note: For future reference, I will be referring to any and all federal agencies that I feel have no business being armed with anything beyond a radio as being federal goons with guns. If that offends you, tough grits.
-And before you start telling me about the dangers of bears and snakes, you should know I spent half of my 30 years in the land surveying bizz all over the eastern half of the country – most of it in the woods, and the only two times I felt threatened was when I was shot at by a couple of irate (human) property owners.
That’s when it is time to call for-real local law-enforcement officers, not glorified feds who are probably ex-Peace Corps types, or worse – PETA rejects, who are poorly trained and have no business being armed in the first place.
Lake Roosevelt park ranger shot man near son, family says
Kip Hill The Spokesman-Review
The Kettle Falls man shot by park rangers at a campground over the weekend had been standing alongside his 9-year-old son when the bullet tore into his torso, family members say.
Few details of the shooting have been disclosed by the National Park Service or investigators with the Washington State Patrol.
The shooting injured Casey Hartinger, 43. It happened after a Saturday night confrontation between rangers and another man who owns a houseboat that was moored at the Kettle River Campground within the Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area.
At least one park ranger boarded the houseboat in response to a noise complaint.
It’s unclear what prompted a ranger to open fire on Hartinger, 43, who was released Monday from Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center, apparently without being arrested.
However, the owner of the houseboat, 41-year-old Michael J. Sublie, faces possible federal charges of interfering with law enforcement.
Hartinger and Sublie both live in Kettle Falls and are friends. Family members of both men said Monday that neither of the men was armed at the time.
Court documents include allegations that Sublie was uncooperative when rangers approached him. He refused to turn down the music blaring from his boat at about 10:30 p.m. – some 30 minutes after quiet hours had begun. And he refused to identify himself or remove his hands from his pockets as a ranger requested. Sublie was described by rangers as having “a heavy odor of alcoholic beverage” on his breath and at one point yelled obscenities at the rangers as he demanded they leave his boat.
A ranger tried several times to detain Sublie, but each time Sublie is accused of violently raising his arms to resist.
After several failed attempts to detain Sublie, the ranger was pushed backward off the gangplank, according to records.
Court filings do not mention when shots were fired or by whom. The two rangers who responded to the call were identified only by their initials.
Bob Hartinger, the father of the man who was shot, said he’d received word in a phone call from his 13-year-old granddaughter who was on the boat with her 9-year-old brother that Casey Hartinger had been wounded. The 9-year-old stood near his dad when the shots were fired, Bob Hartinger said.
“If the bullet hadn’t hit my son, it would have hit (my grandson) in the head,” he said.
Here is the link to Bob’s original work , and while you are there, you might want to peruse his other most excellent stuff, too.
Personally, I think this is his best one yet.
Update: Apparently it went viral yesterday, as according to bk, it… Started there on Twitchy, then The Blaze. AllahPundit put it on HotAir’s Greenroom, and it got sent all over Twitter and Facebook. Lots of blogs too. Doug Ross, most notably. Surprised the hell out of me. Iowahawk on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status/379589757732257792.
August 6, 2013 – 10:26 AM By Susan Jones
(CNSNews.com) – On a day when terror threats continued to dominate the U.S. headlines, the Secret Service — a division of the Homeland Security Department since 2003 — tweeted the following message:”Contact your nearest field office with time-sensitive or critical info or to report a tweet,” said one message.
That tweet from the Secret Service links to telephone numbers for every Secret Service office in the U.S. or its territories (there are 117 of them) and all 20 Secret Service offices overseas.
In a separate tweet on Tuesday morning, the Secret Service asked, “Have you seen any of our Most Wanted?” This tweet links to a list of suspects, most wanted for theft or fraud. None are listed as suspected terrorists.
This is not the first time the Secret Service has asked its Twitter followers to tell on other subscribers. As CNSNews.com reported last October, the Secret Service asked Americans to report tweets that “concern you.”
As of Tuesday morning, the Secret Service had more than 67,000 followers on Twitter.
In May 2011, the Secret Service announced it would begin using social media sites to “supplement our recruitment efforts” as well as to send information to “businesses and individuals who are interested in information from our agency.”
It said the @SecretService Twitter account “will be used to highlight the Secret Service’s investigative mission, share press releases from the Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security, distribute information to local communities hosting National Special Security Events, explore Secret Service history and promote upcoming recruitment opportunities.” -End
I stopped tweeting well over a year ago, but if I were to send one to the comrade Dear Ruler’s SS, this would be it. -Dave