MyFoxChicago: Three men were killed and at least 18 other people were wounded in shootings across the city since Friday afternoon.
In the most recent fatal incident, officers found a man shot multiple times early Saturday in the West Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side. The man, thought to be in his 20s, was found inside a vehicle about 2 a.m. near Kenton and West End, police said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:13 a.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. His name was withheld Sunday morning pending notification of his family.
The other two fatal shootings happened within minutes of each other Friday night on the South Side, police said.
About 6:20 p.m., 19-year-old Anfernee Durant was shot in the foot, leg and side in a possible drive-by attack in the 7800 block of South Vincennes, according to police and the medical examiner’s office.
Durant, of the 7800 block of South Loomis, was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later, the medical examiner’s office said. Police said he was a documented gang member.
At 6:15 p.m., 18-year-old Tyree D. Harris was standing outside in the 6800 block of South Western when someone walked up and shot him in the head, authorities said.
Harris, whose home address was not immediately known, was taken to Christ Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 8:18 p.m., according to the medical examiners’ office. A police source said he was a documented gang member.
The most recent nonfatal shooting happened Sunday morning in the North Lawndale neighborhood on the Southwest Side. A 22-year-old man was shot in the leg about 7:30 a.m. in the 1600 block of South Hamlin, police said. He was taken in good condition to Mount Sinai Hospital.
At least 17 other people have been wounded in shootings across the city since 3:30 p.m. Friday.
- New Year: Business as Usual in Chicago…
- Chicago ends 2014 with fewer homicides, but shooting victims up 14 percent
- #BlackLivesMatter? What about blacks in Chicago? And black babies?
- This is a good weekend in Chicago: 3 dead, 11 wounded in weekend shootings (11/24)
- Monday Chicago shooting report: Same story every weekend…(10/27)
- Chicago gun violence: What is it going to take to get people mad? (10/6)
- Paging Emanuel, Sharpton and Jackson: Do you know what’s happening in Chicago EVERY weekend? (9/29)
- A good weekend in Chicago? Less than a dozen shot (9/15)Quiz time: How many were shot in Chicago over the weekend? (9/8)
- Quiz time: How many were shot in Chicago over Labor Day Weekend?
- It’s Monday, quiz time…you know the drill: How many people were shot in Chicago over the weekend? (8/25)
- Quiz time! Guess how many people were shot in Chicago over the weekend (8/4)
- Quiz time! Guess how many people were shot in Chicago over the weekend (7/28)
- Quiz time! How many people were shot in Chicago over the 4th?
- Gun control in Chicago: 3 dead among 21 wounded in afternoon, overnight shootings (6/7)
Please follow and like us: